Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Problems with iPhone 6s or SE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced problems with the JVC KD-NX 505 (nav stereo) Bluetooth and an iPhone? I got an iPhone SE and the Bluetooth pairs but still shows up as ‘New Device’ none of the play/pause/next/prev controls work. I have to make a new pairing from scratch every time I start the car to make the Bluetooth even play audio (controls never work) Any ideas on this one?

Has anyone experienced problems with the JVC KD-NX 505 (nav stereo) Bluetooth and an iPhone? I got an iPhone SE and the Bluetooth pairs but still shows up as ‘New Device’ none of the play/pause/next/prev controls work. I have to make a new pairing from scratch every time I start the car to make the Bluetooth even play audio (controls never work) Any ideas on this one?
I have replaced the BlueTooth module twice and still connectivity is sketch at best so I gave up on it. I think mine is the 5000 series so my experience may be different.

At first my SE had problems with BT, but a software update fixed it. This was way back, since I got it on Day 1. Maybe they didn't fix all the issues? I've been told that Bluetooth is a really screwy protocol and prone to failures and problems.

The BT module is one of three in a chain that connects to the back of the in-dash unit. I started having troubles with mine, with it "playing" but with no audio was getting through. With the help of the SC and a local car audio store eventually determined that the Sirius module, which was upstream from the BT module, was failing, and interrupting the audio chain. Since all but the iPod unit have a daisy-chain in and out, I re-connected the chain to put the BT module first, then the satellite unit, then the iPod. The satellite system still wakes up once in a while (I do not have a subscription), but the BT works reliably now either way. No clue (or care) if the iPod dock has ever worked, as I don't have anything to hook into it.

So, you might check to see what order your modules are strung together, and if the BT module isn't first, it's not too difficult to re-connect them so that it is. I did it myself by gently removing the left-hand panels where the trunk release and headlight switch are located. The modules are in a well inside the car's frame which is accessible from there.