Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having problems with their model 3 disconnecting from their phone every few minutes while playing music or podcasts? Think it started around installing version 9, but not exactly sure. After a few minutes some static sounds play and the audio stops.

Anyone having problems with their model 3 disconnecting from their phone every few minutes while playing music or podcasts? Think it started around installing version 9, but not exactly sure. After a few minutes some static sounds play and the audio stops.

I am having the exact same issue and it seems to have started after the software 9 update. Jchau, did you ever find a resolution to the issue? I will tried the reboot. I have also tried connecting with two different phones (one Samsung, one Apple) and the exact same problem happens.

This just happened to me this morning. I've only had the Model 3 for 2.5 weeks but I was on v. 8 until 2 days ago. Never happened before.

I am having the exact same issue and it seems to have started after the software 9 update. Jchau, did you ever find a resolution to the issue? I will tried the reboot. I have also tried connecting with two different phones (one Samsung, one Apple) and the exact same problem happens.
i did a second reset of the system a couple days ago. I continue to get occasional static sounds, but so far the audio does not drop, but ill have to see the next few days

Try disabling your contact syncing. This worked for me. Also, some people have had success by removing any symbols from their contact list on their phone.

Having exactly the same issue starting today. Coincidentally updated from 39.7 to 42.3 this morning. Disconnects with some crackling for several seconds ever few minutes. Completely removed and repaired phone, no help. Will try reboot in the morning.

I have been having problems ever since June when I got my M3, but seems to have got slightly better after 42.2

I have same problem after v9. Reboot solves it briefly but then it comes back. Using Pixel 2.

This happens quite a lot for me on my Model 3 with 42.2 and LG V20. Rebooting the MCU and the phone, as well as turning bluetooth off and on, has not helped. I will try dropping the phone connection and readding it and removing contact sync to see if either helps

I'd like to suggest that everyone having this issue go to Tesla.com and report the issue. Make sure you check the option for "Escalate this concern for executive review". So, tesla.com, login to your account, click "Manage" under your vehicle, then click "Ask a question". I just did that and pasted the link for this thread and one other related thread.

This happens quite a lot for me on my Model 3 with 42.2 and LG V20. Rebooting the MCU and the phone, as well as turning bluetooth off and on, has not helped. I will try dropping the phone connection and readding it and removing contact sync to see if either helps

Version 42.2.1 has either fixed this problem for me or substantially improved it. It does not connect as easily to my phone (Android 8, LG V20) as it used to (i.e. Version 39 and earlier used to connect if I even walked by the car while it was awake, while now I often need to turn Bluetooth off and on in the phone settings for a connection), but it has not lost the connection while I'm in the car with my phone for at least 10 hours of use. Previously, it would have lost the connection at least once per hour and often five times per hour.