Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth TPMS pressure reset no longer possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dangerous Fish

Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2016
UK
I've found a few threads about this but no definitive answer.
It doesn't seem possible to 'retrain' the car to lower tyre pressures with the BT sensors. The TPMS reset button is gone now.
I like to run lower tyre pressures than the 42psi recommended (I'm not getting into a debate about whether I should or shouldn't, BTW).
Has anyone found a way to clear the warning and get the system to accept lower pressures?

I've found a few threads about this but no definitive answer.
It doesn't seem possible to 'retrain' the car to lower tyre pressures with the BT sensors. The TPMS reset button is gone now.
I like to run lower tyre pressures than the 42psi recommended (I'm not getting into a debate about whether I should or shouldn't, BTW).
Has anyone found a way to clear the warning and get the system to accept lower pressures?
I'm looking for the answer to this too. Dropped mine to 40. The car seems to take a dislike to just 1 tyre

Attachments

• 43258774-5BC9-4A75-9BAC-DF675B1CD88D.jpeg
    43258774-5BC9-4A75-9BAC-DF675B1CD88D.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 183
I'm looking for the answer to this too. Dropped mine to 40. The car seems to take a dislike to just 1 tyre
That's a rounding thing. The actual pressure is probably something like 39.9 (which is >2PSI below recommended) with the rest >40, but they all get rounded to "40" on the display with the one out of range highlighted in yellow.
TPMS sensors can be as much as 1 PSI out from the actual pressure. I use a very accurate motorsport guage to set my pressures and when I put 40.0 PSI in my tyres the TPMS reads "41".
Still haven't found a way to clear the warning, so I suppose I'll have to put up with running higher pressures.

I actually looked at mine today - they are all 35 with one 36, but I do not get a warning. I normally run at 42 but this is a result, I assume, of the recently-cooler temps here. Just haven't had the time to pump them back up.