TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bluetooth transmitter

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by lomli, Aug 8, 2015.

1. lomli

lomli Member

Has anyone found a bluetooth transmitter that works? I'll be getting my new 70D in September (yippee!!) and I would like to use my old-school iPod - I have a ton of music in the apple format so it wouldn't be easy to transfer it all to a USB thumb drive. Nor would I like to have to purchase a new iPod touch. I haven't seen any past postings were they've successfully used a transmitter.

Thanks in advance!

2. taurusking

taurusking Member

3. lomli

lomli Member

Great, thanks! Hope it works out!

4. Whitney vet

Whitney vet New Member

Hi - purchased a TaoTronics Bluetooth transmitter in the hopes of connecting my CD player (many Great Courses CDs to play ) and it would not pair/connect. TaoTronics customer support tells me that the Tesla Bluetooth system is unique and not compatible w/ the A2DP system. Anyone found a compatible Bluetooth transmitter? It pairs w/ my iPhone and iPod.

5. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Since it's not working, there must be some issue. But, I think maybe TaoTronics has a problem. Just took my MacBook Air out to the car and popped in a CD (have an external drive) and it connected up and played fine. (That's a pretty expensive Bluetooth transmitter :) but, since I already have the device, it's a way to play CDs).

How can Tesla have a problem yet all these phones and other devices can connect without a problem?