Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth + Wi-Fi Stuck on Initalizing

Hey everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed already. I just purchased a 2016 P90DL, and I’m already having issues. I cannot get the Bluetooth to connect to my phone, or the Wi-Fi to connect to my house. Both menus get stuck on the initalizing screen, and never make it past. I’ve reset the screen using the steering wheel buttons twice, but it’s still persisting. Any suggestions?

EVRider-FL

Aug 18, 2015
South Florida
For the Bluetooth issue, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both the phone and in the Tesla app settings. For WiFi, try using 2.4GHz if you’re currently using 5GHz. You can also try to connect the car to your phone’s WiFi hotspot to rule out a WiFi hardware issue.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC