Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluish Color on White Model 3 Rear Bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model 3 LFP on 2/27/2023 and didn’t notice any issues. Recently though I’ve noticed that the rear bumper panel looks somewhat blue and is very noticeable against the other part of the car. It’s more noticeable when the car is clean or wet.

Is this something Tesla could fix? It’s not the end of the world but it looks kind of weird.

I’m adding a picture since it appears to be getting worse. Also, it’s not the lighting or natural paint differences. I see a million white teslas. This is more than any I’ve seen. Plus the issue is that the blue is fairly blotchy.
40EB6D99-DC29-4A32-96CA-52E106DBA5D7.jpeg

I got my Model 3 LFP on 2/27/2023 and didn’t notice any issues. Recently though I’ve noticed that the rear bumper panel looks somewhat blue and is very noticeable against the other part of the car. It’s more noticeable when the car is clean or wet.

Is this something Tesla could fix? It’s not the end of the world but it looks kind of weird.
Its that "world class" paint shop they have....

White paint is always a different tone of white when you paint a plastic bumper and metal car part. The temperature differences when the paint is applied cause these variations. Plastic requires different additives to the paint to stick to a flexible surface such as a bumper. So no matter the car brand, white will always looks slightly different from metal to plastic.
As you can see from my picture above, it's not slightly different. It's a major difference at this point. I think I'm going to put in a service request with Tesla. It actually looks worse in real life than with the picture. My only issue is that I happen to have a scratch on my bumper from a parked car's license plate screw. I assume the car scratched my bumper when it was pulling out. Not sure though.