Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blurry side repeater with water ingress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So since I drove the car in heavy rain over thanksgiving weekend the passenger side side repeater has been giving a slightly blurry or foggy image (see the different in the photo in terms of the concrete driveway and the garage door pattern):
Tesla service center claims it’s not blurry enough to replace under warranty despite the water ingress. When I asked for a copy of the official Tesla guidance on how to judge that it wasn’t forthcoming so my argument to them is that it seems entirely subjective and I disagree with their assessment. But they’re sticking to their opinion re it being a warranty condition so if I don’t like it I can pay for it to be replaced.

Anyone had them refusing to replace side repeaters because the image is not bad enough?

Attachments

• B0927EB7-10D6-45A3-8FDB-FEA5647B6D3C.jpeg
    B0927EB7-10D6-45A3-8FDB-FEA5647B6D3C.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 21C6AA90-61F3-49ED-B2A9-38B3B2C18593.jpeg
    21C6AA90-61F3-49ED-B2A9-38B3B2C18593.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 176
So since I drove the car in heavy rain over thanksgiving weekend the passenger side side repeater has been giving a slightly blurry or foggy image (see the different in the photo in terms of the concrete driveway and the garage door pattern):
Tesla service center claims it’s not blurry enough to replace under warranty despite the water ingress. When I asked for a copy of the official Tesla guidance on how to judge that it wasn’t forthcoming so my argument to them is that it seems entirely subjective and I disagree with their assessment. But they’re sticking to their opinion re it being a warranty condition so if I don’t like it I can pay for it to be replaced.

Anyone had them refusing to replace side repeaters because the image is not bad enough?
Just put a service request from the APP and attach photos. It had happeened to me as well and Tesla fixed it with a mobile technician who visited my home to fix it.

Just put a service request from the APP and attach photos. It had happeened to me as well and Tesla fixed it with a mobile technician who visited my home to fix it.
I booked the mobile tech a couple of days ago but today they messaged on the app and said it was not bad enough for a warranty replacement. Arguing with them and have someone review the case resulted in them sticking to their position that they would not replace it under warranty.
Ridiculous in my opinion…