Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS Error requiring a new battery and it is 6 weeks away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to take my Model S in because I was getting a BMS error, the service team told me they needed to replace the battery but it will take 6 weeks. In the meantime I can not drive it because the error message says it may not start.

Anyone else having this issue and if so, how long are you having to wait? Six weeks without a car I'm making payments on is a bitter pill to swallow.

Sorry to see that happened. They should give you a free loaner Tesla in the meantime. If they haven't, you can request it. As far as timelines go, it does vary but quicker is always better. Your vehicle is covered under the warranty? I know the 2014 Model S 85 has 8 years / unlimited mile coverage for the main battery and drivetrain. The same should be true for the 2015 - 2020 Model S Long Range vehicles + the 90D and 100D.

Last edited:
From another post you made, it looks like you have a P100D? That means the battery is under warranty and Tesla will provide you a loaner for free.

Note: I use my signature to provide details on my car and config, so that it provide context without asking.

My 2018 Model S 100kw battery is being replaced now also. 63k miles on the car and it died in the perfect spot, in my garage when I put it in park. lol. Tesla is saying 4+ week estimated lead time for another HV battery. Was told they don't give loaners for these repairs and have a rent-a-prize voucher. Trying to locate an EV at this Enterprise place is impossible, nobody can check availability of other locations and they want me to call around and find one.

Reactions: Bodrero
My 2018 Model S 100kw battery is being replaced now also. 63k miles on the car and it died in the perfect spot, in my garage when I put it in park. lol. Tesla is saying 4+ week estimated lead time for another HV battery. Was told they don't give loaners for these repairs and have a rent-a-prize voucher. Trying to locate an EV at this Enterprise place is impossible, nobody can check availability of other locations and they want me to call around and find one.
They gave me a loaner, you should go back and tell them you heard they do.