Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_a035 error here and gone, what to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

StellarRat

Jan 8, 2014
Pacific
OK, so I got a BMS_a035 error after the last software update and I made a reservation for a service appt. Today it's gone. Should I follow through on the service? The service means driving 50 miles, putting my dog in daycare, and an undetermined amount of time hanging around at the service center. But, if the BMS_a035 message is true "car may not restart" it's possible I could be stranded somewhere waiting for a tow.

I recently purchased a used 2018 Model 3 with 15,795 miles on 8/1, drove it home. Then next day drove it to work with no issues but on 8/3 on the way home from work is when I got that error message. Took a picture of that alert and created a service ticket. The following day, drove the car to work and the alert did not come back but did receive a message from Tesla service that I can bring the car in before my service date. Got a loaner Model S and last Friday they had to order these parts:
Parts Ordered
  1. ASY, DRIVE INV, 3DU, GLOBAL, 810A, SIC, REAR
    Part #: 1079924-05-J
    Order Date: August 6, 2021
  2. LABEL,COVER,ACCESS,LUG,PHASE,3DU
    Part #: 1096344-00-B
    Order Date: August 6, 2021

Supposed to be picking my 3 up this coming Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: LamboM3P and brkaus
OK, here's an update on the situation: The day after my initial post the error message came back. I took my car to the service center yesterday and was given a loaner M3 Performance! Unfortunately, they've locked it into chill mode, so no fun. :( There is a DC inverter, cover, and wiring bundle on order. Repairs expected to be complete on 8/17/2021. Much the same as the above post.

I failed to mention before that my car is a full trim 2018 2 RWD with around 12,000 miles on it. I haven't been driving much since retirement and COVID.

OK, so I got a BMS_a035 error after the last software update and I made a reservation for a service appt. Today it's gone. Should I follow through on the service? The service means driving 50 miles, putting my dog in daycare, and an undetermined amount of time hanging around at the service center. But, if the BMS_a035 message is true "car may not restart" it's possible I could be stranded somewhere waiting for a tow.
Hello I had message and next morning car not respond, just door, trunk frunk works, brake hard, black screens, restat car didn’t helped, in a few days Car will be delivered to Tesla service so I stuck with my wife and babe on a first days on holidays…

Hello I had message and next morning car not respond, just door, trunk frunk works, brake hard, black screens, restat car didn’t helped, in a few days Car will be delivered to Tesla service so I stuck with my wife and babe on a first days on holidays…
I had this error. You need to do a hard reboot. Change the size of wheels inmenu to force it. Took it in for service and further diagnostic at larger SC. Rear drive inverter ordered No loaners available just Uber credits which are useless for me. Keep a spare car for times like this

Hello 👋 you will not believe, motor problem, only know they honna order it and change to new one, happy my car still on warranty, otherwise I won’t be around 7000€, what do I need to pay for some electrical connector the battery which is around 400€, car in Barcelona, so we’re not waiting minimum two weeks, can stay in hotel on our holiday time, olso baby 🧒, because we have holidays started badly ,we gonna fly to our destination, also I am asked them to change battery 12V because it’s old anyway over 4years… never fourth happens to me on my trip😕 a big problem Tesla motor foult, or broke, we never felt any problem with engine bad after we stopped just stay in hotel and next morning 🚗 car not respond, just doors in frunk ,trunk, lights,working but nothing else, Also I had fault code which possibly wrong cold anyway but it showed w_036 and message car may not start again