Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_w035 alert popped yesterday and this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you; Interesting. And that is the most prevalent reason for the BMS_w035 error message from what I have read as well. I was so sure that was going to be my issue based on others reports I ordered one from ebay. Apparently I was incorrect :)
Here's the invoice from 12/2/2021

PN: 1038901-00-K

1664463798151.png

Reactions: dark cloud
What was it in your case?

@misdemeanor you never posted back and explained the resolution.

I received this BMS_w035 message just once, made an appt, car drove and charged perfectly, I got a message on the app suggesting I bring the car in 1 week before the scheduled appt., and I am getting a "new" HV pack.

Sorry if you have mentioned your model year previously, but, are you still under warranty?

Hope it will be a 1014116-00-C, like the one I have :)

Sorry if you have mentioned your model year previously, but, are you still under warranty?

Hope it will be a 1014116-00-C like the one I have :)
Warranty is up in 2 months :)

Yes I have my fingers crossed. I even messaged the service centre asking them if they had any influence on me getting a 350V pack, and they just gave a "we have to replace the HV battery with the same one that you already had" answer. So I don't think the service writer, and maybe even the tech don't know what the heck the difference is between the different batteries they install.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Warranty is up in 2 months :)

Yes I have my fingers crossed. I even messaged the service centre asking them if they had any influence on me getting a 350V pack, and they just gave a "we have to replace the HV battery with the same one that you already had" answer. So I don't think the service writer, and maybe even the tech don't know what the heck the difference is between the different batteries they install.

From my experience, I believe what they have told you is accurate and honest based on the script they follow. I really believe they have no influence on what Tesla eventually ships. In order to complete the order request, the SeC types in your VIN and it comes up with a default pack based on the configuration of your car. So, that is what their system requests and all the SeC can ask. Then, Tesla ships a pack suitable to your car's configuration based on availability. My guess is that you would get a new locked or unlocked 1014116-00-C. And, you are not the first one for a P85D.

From my experience, I believe what they have told you is accurate and honest based on the script they follow. I really believe they have no influence on what Tesla eventually ships. In order to complete the order request, the SeC types in your VIN and it comes up with a default pack based on the configuration of your car. So, that is what their system requests and all the SeC can ask. Then, Tesla ships a pack suitable to your car's configuration based on availability. My guess is that you would get a new locked or unlocked 1014116-00-C. And, you are not the first one for a P85D.
I hope you are correct :) As you probably know, the only HV battery currently showing in the parts catalog for 2012-Mar2016 is

ASY,HV BATTERY,90L,SX1088792-00-A

And the desired 1014116-00-C only shows for the 2016-2021 catalog. 4-6 weeks they said, I'll let you know :)

I hope you are correct :) As you probably know, the only HV battery currently showing in the parts catalog for 2012-Mar2016 is

ASY,HV BATTERY,90L,SX1088792-00-A

And the desired 1014116-00-C only shows for the 2016-2021 catalog. 4-6 weeks they said, I'll let you know :)

1088792-00-A is an old pack from 2016-2017 for P90DL,I believe. If Tesla has any in inventory, which I doubt, it must be a reman of that pack.

The last time I looked was in May of this year and the part catalog was showing the same info. Nevertheless, the 1014116-00-C has been installed on a variety of Model S cars as old as the 2012 model year.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
In my opinion this thread is in the wrong place; should be in Model S battery and charging, but anyway since I already posted here:
1088792-00-A is an old pack from 2016-2017 for P90DL,I believe. If Tesla has any in inventory, which I doubt, it must be a reman of that pack.

The last time I looked was in May of this year and the part catalog was showing the same info. Nevertheless, the 1014116-00-C has been installed on a variety of Model S cars as old as the 2012 model year.
1014116-00-C it is

1666221694491.gif

Here's the invoice from 12/2/2021

PN: 1038901-00-K

View attachment 858115
Thanks for posting this with invoice even though a year has passed.

It helped me for same error code, diagnosis and repair.

Originally estimated at $1346 then billed at $1240.

Used your invoice along with another on this forum to negotiate (simply asking the difference between my two samples and current bill, nicely) down to $910 - hourly labor went up, I get that. I was told how Diagnostic and Integrity Check were charged made the difference on original bill.

Screenshot_20221223_152728_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Again, thanks.

Thanks for posting this with invoice even though a year has passed.

It helped me for same error code, diagnosis and repair.

Originally estimated at $1346 then billed at $1240.

Used your invoice along with another on this forum to negotiate (simply asking the difference between my two samples and current bill, nicely) down to $910 - hourly labor went up, I get that. I was told how Diagnostic and Integrity Check were charged made the difference on original bill.

View attachment 888383

Again, thanks.
Glad it helped with your final bill!

Had multiple BMS_a036 warnings pop up while driving. None of them held. I was out for about 25 minutes. It’s well below zero here if that means anything. Any thoughts on this? Is it something they can resolve remotely? I just got my car back from the service center yesterday for delivery repairs. It’s a 2023 MYLR with less than 1,500 miles. Hoping I don’t need to go back to the service center as the nearest one is over 2 hours away.

Had multiple BMS_a036 warnings pop up while driving. None of them held. I was out for about 25 minutes. It’s well below zero here if that means anything. Any thoughts on this? Is it something they can resolve remotely? I just got my car back from the service center yesterday for delivery repairs. It’s a 2023 MYLR with less than 1,500 miles. Hoping I don’t need to go back to the service center as the nearest one is over 2 hours away.
There’s a chance that it could be any of the following:
  • Needing to retorque the bolts to the HV battery,
  • Replacing the HV battery,
  • or a drive unit replacement