Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW 7-series self parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only had the driver to be present, he also had to operate the brake. It was something completely different and not really ahead of the time. You could get it in Volkswagens as long ago as 2007. So what was the point of your original comment?

What's the point of you asking me about the point of my original comment? I wasn't aware that I was on trial and had to explain myself to you. Cars have had self-parking features for many years, that was my point. Driverless or not, BMW is late to the party. Automated parallel parking is far more useful than pushing a button to make your car move 10 feet into the garage and in a straight line. That's neither innovative nor useful.

I'm sorry if you don't understand the point of this post either. You seem to enjoy being argumentative.

Unless Tesla finds a way to build a robotic arm that reaches out for the charger cable and plug itself in or unplug itself, the automatic parking feature is rather useless. :)

While I agree that the two together are a 1-2 punch, I wouldn't say it's worthless. There are many times that a car is parked outside of where it charges/fuels up. I'm sure many in street parking scenarios would love this. I know others, even if parking at home, who would love this as parking is difficult for them due to physical limitations.