Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW Active E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/02/electric-bmw-moves-from-concept-to-reality/
BMW-ActiveE-011.jpg

It looks like they borrowed the circuit decal idea from another DIY'er.
vst-electric-bwm.jpg

Hey guys,

Matt here from the ActiveE team. Glad to see so much interest in the car and in EVs in general.

I wanted to invite you all to check out the BMW ActiveE Forum, where you can find much more information and discussion about the ActiveE, the field trial, and other EV-related issues.

Hey guys,

Matt here from the ActiveE team. Glad to see so much interest in the car and in EVs in general.

I wanted to invite you all to check out the BMW ActiveE Forum, where you can find much more information and discussion about the ActiveE, the field trial, and other EV-related issues.

A link would be nice, huh?

THE BMW ActiveE FORUM

And here's a video of the ActiveE at the Geneva Motor Show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note sure, where to put this as we have various BMW Mini-E, Active-E, and 'i' threads...

It's pretty simple. If it's about the Mini-E, it goes in the Mini-E thread. If it's about the Active-E, then it goes in the Active-E thread and if it's about the production "i" cars, it goes in the i thread.

They're talking about the results of the Mini-E trial so I'd say it goes there.

The MINI E illuminated the brake lights when you lifted off the accelerator (and two "bars" of regeneration kicked in, if I recall correctly).

The quote that irked me was this one:

Like most modern day electric cars, step off performance is strong if not exactly dazzling, ...

:confused:

Got my first opportunity to have a good look at the ActiveE yesterday. Excellent quality of engineering and the interior is superb too.

I understand that 200 will be in the UK from February as part of the preparations for the Olympics. The decision on whether the UK gets a follow on public trial will be taken after that, but anyone in the US who is getting one is in for a treat I think.

I know I wasn't the only one who begged the BMW representative to get this car put into production. I'd definitely prefer it over what I have seen of the i3.

From the BMW newsletter

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO DRIVE THE 100% ELECTRIC BMW*ActiveE? ONE WORD: TORQUE.

On his first test drive of the all-new BMW ActiveE, BMW Blog contributor Manny Antunes had this to report: "Being the hardcore enthusiast that I am, I was skeptical about an EV, even if it wore the famous roundel. But how does it feel to [actually] drive the BMW ActiveE? One phrase: TORQUE and more TORQUE, all available from 0 RPM. I have to take back everything I’ve ever said about electric vehicles."