TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BMW and Nissan on Geography

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by ImEric, Jan 25, 2016.

1. ImEric

ImEric Member

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 1.48.04 PM.png
    Anybody else notice something a little funny about this picture? I don't even remember where I got it anymore, but I think it was on some article about the Bolt. Anyway, the graphic purports to illustrate BMW and Nissan's charging infrastructure plan... but look where the cities are located. Since when is Portlan in Washington, DC in Florida and L.A. & SD in Mexicali? I'm sue that whatever that tiny text is at the bottom probably says that the map is not drawn to scale, but still, that's really misleading (and hilarious).

2. republic

republic Member

Imagine the hassle we experience pulling into crowded malls and shopping centers for Superchargers, but having to do it three times as often. :O

3. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

Anyone buying one of those vehicles should be acutely aware of the challenges beforehand. That's why I still have an ICE (hybrid).

And yes, that is a goofy map...apparently they can't even be bothered to take themselves seriously.