Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW/Bosch will offer $6548 CCS DC Charger plus free evGO DC charging through 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True for California NRG sites. However, if you look at pictures of the Texas sites on PlugShare, you will see that they did use AV equipment there for both L2 and L3.
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. NRG launched first in Texas and all of those were obviously AeroVironment units, but I didn't realize they also used re-branded Coulomb/Chargepoint L2 units. It seems NRG uses all types of units (I know in CA it is also starting to use ABB DC units).

At any rate, as related to this topic, the BMW/NRG/ChargePoint partnership for the ChargeNow card and the Bosch/BMW DC unit seems be two separate announcements (bundled into one press release). So it's not indicating NRG is going to ditch the ABB units they are beginning to install for these (although it's technically possible given a similar rebranded charger to the L2s).

I wonder if there would be some way to drive 20kW out of a J1772 from one of these (or via an adapter that only uses the output of the J1772 portion). I'm just thinking of ways to build up the highway infrastructure where there is a lack of Superchargers. For those of us with twin chargers it would be very useful.

It would require the use of an adaptor similar in scope to the CHAdeMO adaptor.