Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this on CNET What to do while riding in a highly-automated BMW car - Roadshow

I have to say after all the fiasco over "auto-pilot", I'm surprised BMW didn't introduce the iDriver instead of the "co-pilot". If this flies with media and governing bodies, then someone needs to remove the stick up their backside over Tesla's autopilot.

Still doesn't seem any better than what you already get in a Tesla, although it's miles better than what they currently have in production. Pretty thin review other than "waving" at the screen which seems ridiculous to me - either use the iDrive or a touch screen.

This is interesting because during the CES Nvidia keynote they mentioned both autopilot and co-pilot whereas co-pilot was more of a driver assistance system and autopilot was in line with Tesla autopilot.

Consumers are going to get confused if different manufacturers start using the same names for different sets of features.

This is interesting because during the CES Nvidia keynote they mentioned both autopilot and co-pilot whereas co-pilot was more of a driver assistance system and autopilot was in line with Tesla autopilot.

Consumers are going to get confused if different manufacturers start using the same names for different sets of features.

I agree about the confusion. Even the guy from CNET seemed to be using it as an autopilot than co-pilot - if I'm interpreting the difference correctly. He paid almost no attention to the road and more focused on the "gadget aspect" of the interface.