Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW Commercial - The Future is Electric

Klaus

Apr 20, 2013
Just saw this on Facebook, posted today. Looks genuine to me on quick inspection ... Better late than never, but Tesla made them do it ;-)

BMW i

Lhshockey24

Nov 25, 2017
Livermore, CA + Lake Tahoe
I came on here to post this. I wanted to comment *correction - 100,000 “electrified” vehicles in quotes since that probably means their plug-in varieties that claim 15 miles of electric range but get more like 7. My wife and I test drove an X5 plug-in and as a hybrid it maybe got 22mpg vs 18mpg for the non plug-in.

I leased an i3 for about 6 months back in 2014. It was a neat car, but so impractical if you are planning on driving anyone else besides yourself and a passenger. We tried a car seat in the back and it was laughable. I swear I still have elbow tendinitis from trying to pry my poor daughter out of her seat back there.

However, I’m excited to see what they can do with a fully electric 5-series or 3-series. Those cars used to be really fun to drive. If they can combine those old driving dynamics in a pure-EV that could be something. We’re no more than a couple years out from that.

Reactions: Klaus

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC