Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i3 Facelift & i3S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Spidy

Feb 7, 2015
EU
Official Images: Der neue BMW i3, der neue BMW i3s.

2018 BMW i3 LCI Facelift (bmwblog.com)
The First-Ever BMW i3S -- An even sportier EV (bmwblog.com)

bmw i3 facelift sport.jpg

bmw_i3_comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Adding insult to injury--launch a hideous looking car, then facelift instead of trashing it.

I'd just ignore the i3, but it makes me furious for two reasons. First, BMW is probably the most capable car company on the planet, so there's no room for excuses. Second, the world sees the i3 as an indicator of the demand for EVs in general, so this oddball is slowing the transition instead of speeding it up.

They should have upgraded battery to at least that of the Nissan leaf.
Bmw as usual falling behind. .Look at the i8 second hand values fallen through the floor .
They had a head start on most other companies and now falling behind.
Model s on order due end October.

I just don't get it. What has happened to BMW, the company that I was happy to buy my car from 14 years ago?
Instead of at least technically improving the i3 in any meaningful way, they spend their money on a marginally different design that to any untrained eye leaves the car as fugly as before. :confused:

Look at VW and the e-Golf. They at least upgraded the battery significantly with their facelift, as well as add some useful new tech options. And for better of worse, the e-Golf at least looks just as good (or bad, depending on personal taste) as any other Golf, a design that seems to appeal to hundreds of thousands of buyers each year..

Last edited: