Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i3 vs P3+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve been driving my BMW i3 for the last few days instead of the P3 before I have to return the i3 (lease). I really like the i3 - the visibility, the ride, the quirky looks, the go-kart feel.

But I just took the P3 for a Lowe’s run and wow is the Tesla in another category. I may have to pinch myself because reading some of the problems that people have is kinda scary - and so far I really haven’t had any major problems. This car is so amazing. The responsiveness and acceleration and overall feel (mine feels rock solid). Love it!

I have both (2018 i3 REX, and 2019 M3P).

Other than the fact that they are both electric vehicles, it makes almost no sense to compare them. They couldn't be more different. The BMW does some things better (one-pedal driving/regen down to 0), and the Tesla does other things better (um, performance?). But if you compare any two vehicles you can find things that one does better than the other.

So I’ve been driving my BMW i3 for the last few days instead of the P3 before I have to return the i3 (lease). I really like the i3 - the visibility, the ride, the quirky looks, the go-kart feel.

But I just took the P3 for a Lowe’s run and wow is the Tesla in another category. I may have to pinch myself because reading some of the problems that people have is kinda scary - and so far I really haven’t had any major problems. This car is so amazing. The responsiveness and acceleration and overall feel (mine feels rock solid). Love it!

It is always good to step away while or drive something else to realize how good a car really is.

Reactions: boriszima
I have both (2018 i3 REX, and 2019 M3P).

Other than the fact that they are both electric vehicles, it makes almost no sense to compare them. They couldn't be more different. The BMW does some things better (one-pedal driving/regen down to 0), and the Tesla does other things better (um, performance?). But if you compare any two vehicles you can find things that one does better than the other.

Own both as well, but a Model 3 LR RWD....... you can't compare. Long trips we always use the model 3, short trips to the city/shopping (live in Europe.... so everything is smaller and older): i3 is perfect (parking, short turning, visibility), it is still fast but no match for any model 3.
It is an ideal combo for us.

Reactions: 3laine