Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i4 moose test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not surprised the i4 can't keep up with a Model 3 in these tests, but I think that's fine. If the i4 base suspension is tuned more for comfort than maximum handling response that seems like a reasonable product decision. Does BMW offer a sport suspension option for the RWD i4 though? Or do you have to get the M50 to get a sportier suspension?

I doubt even the i4 M50 will quite keep up with an M3P in these tests, that would be a tall order with 1000 lbs extra weight (without compromising other aspects of the car). I sure hope the M50 bests the base i4's results though!

Reactions: jacie6056
KIA EV6 on the other hand manages 78 km/h but with regen set on 3 (of 4). With coasting it does not manage as fast. Exit speed 42 km/h same as i4. Conti premiumcontact 225/45 R20.

Model 3 used Michelin Pilot Sport 235/40 R18s, managed 83 km/h and exits at 46? km/h. But with all knowing the comfort on the 3 is not really the best, sadly. Still managed a high speed with low regen.

The Model Y though on Michelin Pilot EV 20" 255/40 had an entry of 82 and exit speed of only 21 km/h, so some serious regen going on. Almost no body roll, with also explains the comfort complaints here in EU for the MIC Ys.

ID. On 21" Bridgestone Turanza ECO 235/45 and 255/40s did barely acceptable at 73 km/h, but exit speed was high at 55 km/h.

Some apples to oranges comparing ECO vs sport tires, but all cars seem safe and compromises between handling and comfort.