Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i4 with 435 mile range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image-uploaded-from-ios-6_3.jpg

BMW’s upcoming Tesla Model S rival, the i4 saloon, will arrive in 2020 with a confirmed all-electric range of up to 435 miles, the brand has confirmed. Based on the iVision Dynamics concept, which was revealed at last year’s Frankfurt Motor Show, the four-door coupe will sit between the i3 and i8, and alongside the forthcoming iX3. It’ll join the firm’s all-electric i range by 2020, ahead of several more low emission vehicles.
New BMW i4 saloon confirmed with 435-mile range

Not a Model S competitor but a Model 3. The next gen 7 series is getting an EV variant which will compete with the Model S.

Yours looks much better, but still why are all these crazy drag creating openings in the front. It is not like there should be a big old radiator in the front of an EV. I hope BMW is not trying to use the same body for PHEV and EVs.
Thanks. I went for something more like the long swept sleek look of the Z3 Roadster which has smaller nostrils and a flatter bonnet profile. But I agree they're not needed at all. BMW has doubled down on the 'our grille is our brand' schtick so I figured they'd have to keep it somewhere.

There is a requirement for some air intakes even on an EV for battery cooling and HVAC air intake so they could use a smaller 'nose' for that.

There is a requirement for some air intakes even on an EV for battery cooling and HVAC air intake so they could use a smaller 'nose' for that.

Definitely need some, but grill area on my X is tiny by comparison. Maybe BMW should adopt a EV-centrict front end to distinguish there old ICE vehicle from their new hip EV vehicles.

Reactions: Lasairfion
Absolute waste of time. Seats are thick...again.
No forward facing cameras on prototype. Alpha? Not even beta.
Trunk lip is very high and very narrow.
No license plates.
No sun visors.
Can't open center console.
Can't open rear hatch (no beam, no support).
Clay model at max.
2020? No. Definitely not.
Range? Such tires. No. Definitely not.

It is unfinished business. And it looks useless.

Last edited: