TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BMW i9 supercar

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by yobigd20, Feb 18, 2015.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If the $175,000 version of this car still can't beat a P85D to 60 I would consider that a disappointment. A Supercar should be able to out accelerate a family sedan.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Everything in those articles is simply speculation. And that photo is of a model made by someone who doesn't work for BMW.

4. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

The photo rendering is sweet however. It's obviously not real though as evidenced by the "tires". They look like 245/1/R24's. :)

5. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

6. richrootes

richrootes Member

7. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

It never was easy to establish a brand identity, but BMWi is on a good way here :tongue:

8. Spidy

Spidy Member

I'd rather have my supercar no accelerate that fast, then beeing stuck in the middle lane on the Autobahn...

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Because the autobahn is representative of driving everywhere in the world? 155mph is plenty fast for 99+% of the world's roads. EVs may not be suited for the autobahn and that's fine. There are some areas ICEs excel at and the track and autobahn are two of those areas.

10. Spidy

Spidy Member

Well, German manufacturers certainly are going to design a supercar for Autobahn performance.

And 155mph might sound nice on paper, but the Model S does not get that in reality due to overheating. In addition the range would severly drop.

11. roblab

roblab Active Member

It's still a gas car. Grade: Fail. Move into the modern world, BMW! I think you import gasoline into Germany, don't you? And harvest solar?

The range on any gas car severely drops when doing 155. That's why you have to spend so much time in those Autobahn gas stations.

Sorry. There's no comparison. BMW can stay on the Autobahn, and I will drive the USA. 60,000 miles in two years, no Autobahn.