TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BMW iSUv??

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by P85_DA, Jun 9, 2015.

1. tga

tga Active Member

Let me summarize the responses:

• "I'll believe it when I see it. This is all lip service for some grand Illuminati plan"
    • "No other automakers want to build electric cars. They are all in cahoots with each other and Big Oil in a giant, secret conspiracy."
    • "No one else can get batteries."
    • "No one else has Tesla's supply of magic pixie dust."
    • Etc, etc, etc. :rolleyes:
    Never mind that this plays exactly into the Secret Master Plan.

2. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Think what you like about the i3 (and I don't think much of it), BMW is at least doing pure ground up EV design unlike pretty much every other major manufacturer. If this really is an i brand car it hopefully won't be an EV mashup of an ICE SUV.

3. Bangor Bob

Bangor Bob Member

The i-vehicles are carbon-fiber intensive. Even if they deliberately (or unintentionally) gimp it in some way, the end result is that a second BMW plant will have a carbon fiber body line. That can only be good for the X1/3/5/whatever models, they can all stand to go on a serious diet.

I wish them every success.