Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW iX Xdrive50i - MSRP 83,200

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3 / Y, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I just received an invite to "pre order the new iX". I signed up for previously for info, in part because I have driven BMWs for somewhere around 18 years before I got my model 3 performance, and was interested in this vehicle possibly replacing my wife current BMW X3 M40i.

MSRP in the invite I was sent is as thread title, 83,500

Of course, when I clicked the link for the invite, it tried to get me to put in a zip code so that It could "identify my local dealer". At least it let me close that box and still view the website.

Pics of the info and details they sent are included below. I have seen pics of this vehicle before, but havent seen pricing and thought some might be interested to know the pricing.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.19.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.20.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.21.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.20.52 PM.png

(edit: ment to post this in electric vehicles. reported it to hopefully get it moved there)

TBH, it seems like frunks are becoming more of an ICE rooted design. For example, the F150. The Rivian and Mach-e are designed to look very rugged and retain ICE proportions, and they have frunks as well. Seems like the dedicated EV platforms are moving away from it. VW, BMW, Mercedes, and Nissan note that they are removing frunks in exchange for interior volume. The E-GMP have a very tiny frunk that are solely just for cables.

Been looking at iX reviews. If one can ignore the looks that only a mother can love, a lot of reviewers seem to think this is the best EV SUV currently on sale. And it is priced very well, significantly less than a comparable Model X. Lot of neat features such as 4 wheel steering, infrared heating (interior), glass roof you can switch between transparent and opaque etc

Reactions: Just a Reader
Not here. I think I'd rather have a MYP, MX or the Rivian R1S (even with its less than stellar efficiency). I'm not sure of the IX's target market. Is it sporty or utility, seems unclear to me with a 6000lb curb weight. It's the same weight as the Rivian R1S.

Judging by the reviews, it’s both “sporty” to the extent a heavy mid-size SUV can be, and, refined, which is not always the case with BMWs. Seems spacious but no way near as much utility as a Rivian. Rivian is definitely an interesting proposition.

Not here. I think I'd rather have a MYP, MX or the Rivian R1S (even with its less than stellar efficiency). I'm not sure of the IX's target market. Is it sporty or utility, seems unclear to me with a 6000lb curb weight. It's the same weight as the Rivian R1S.

+1. Neither wife or I like the "beaver tooth" grills on all the new BMWs. I am used to looking at, and being in BMWs, but we dont particularly like this one.

TBH, it seems like frunks are becoming more of an ICE rooted design. For example, the F150. The Rivian and Mach-e are designed to look very rugged and retain ICE proportions, and they have frunks as well. Seems like the dedicated EV platforms are moving away from it. VW, BMW, Mercedes, and Nissan note that they are removing frunks in exchange for interior volume. The E-GMP have a very tiny frunk that are solely just for cables.
No frunk will lead to low sales. stupid idea

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
I'm going to autocross the i4 and iX this Saturday with some buddies as part of a BMW Ultimate Driving Experience in NJ. This will be my first time up close with BMW EVs, so I'll be happy to report back. I've already watched some youtube videos on the i4 M50 so I'm interested to compare to my 3 as the specs are certainly nothing to write home about.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I'm going to autocross the i4 and iX this Saturday with some buddies as part of a BMW Ultimate Driving Experience in NJ. This will be my first time up close with BMW EVs, so I'll be happy to report back. I've already watched some youtube videos on the i4 M50 so I'm interested to compare to my 3 as the specs are certainly nothing to write home about.

I have done the BMW ultimate driving experience a couple times in CA, it was a lot of fun. Interesting that they have the EVs there for you now in NJ. Interested to hear your feedback, even though I wont be buying one anytime soon.