Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW iX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad that BMW dropped developing i3 & i8 - great advancement in carbon fiber. Really stupid range extender.
BMW wasn't to be out done by GM crushing the EV1.
Sandy Munto only $10 for download
23,793 pages of full bottom's-up cost analysis. All yours for just $10.
https://munrolive.com/support-/-store/ols/categories/bmw-i3-reports
Well maybe off topic, but i3 in its third iteration now has a decent sized battery 120Ah (42ish kWh) and is still very popular here as a commuter car with max 200 km range. Still in production and improved over the years.

The iX though is the lost family member, finally showing up. That delay was unnecessary long, BMW should have followed up from the i3 earlier.

In real life, this is a really great car. Extremely comfortabl and silent, I never thought a car with frame less doors could be so silent. Feels so modern. The screens are really cool with very crisp graphics. Heated interior panels in the door, under the dashboard and armrrst are fantastic in the winter. The H/K stereo is fantastic, native Spotify app. Huge HUD works fantastic. Consumption is low for such a big car. Even better is the Driving Assistant Pro that is the best ADAS I have tried so far. Faster and smoother auto lane change than Tesla EAP was a surprise. Can also stop for red lights, but not got it to work yet.
What I don't like is the poor luggage space for this size car, poor turning circle. I would prefer a longitudinally adjustable back seat since the rear legroom is just huge.

Attachments

• 20211221_122003.jpg
    20211221_122003.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 142
BMW IX IS AN INCREDIBLE CAR!

I test drove the iX 50 and ordered the M60 (real M version). It rides on rails and handles better than anything Tesla makes. Tech is light years ahead of Tesla, too, in all the ways that matter for a superior driving experience. You don't know what you've been missing until you sit in something that isn't badged as Tesla. Seems like Tesla knows drivetrains and batteries, but very little else.

Check out the BMW online forums for this car. Most buyers are former Tesla owners who couldn't stand the poor quality, rattles, and horrible service experience. Oh and we also get the $7,500 tax credit!

• Funny
Reactions: db93

I test drove the iX 50 and ordered the M60 (real M version). It rides on rails and handles better than anything Tesla makes. Tech is light years ahead of Tesla, too, in all the ways that matter for a superior driving experience. You don't know what you've been missing until you sit in something that isn't badged as Tesla. Seems like Tesla knows drivetrains and batteries, but very little else.

Check out the BMW online forums for this car. Most buyers are former Tesla owners who couldn't stand the poor quality, rattles, and horrible service experience. Oh and we also get the $7,500 tax credit!
If I may ask, why did you go for the 60 and not the 50? The 50 has more range if I understand correctly, so is there anything else but the acceleration that made you sway towards the 60? (assuming it is not simply to have the highest number :)

was at the dealer today picking up a part for my car, and a couple got out of their tesla and walked over to meet/test drive the ix. thought that was interesting.