Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW iX3 impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local dealer gave me a call to test drive an iX3 over the weekend.

Some initial thoughts:
  • Not sure what BMW have done, but the interior build quality seemed cheap, compared to my old 340i (late 2017 msport)
  • The car has short range
  • It is only rear wheel drive
  • 3 years warranty
  • The car will keep rolling while driving using regen braking
  • No frunk!
On the positive side, the Hans Zimmer soundtrack is wonderful.

At the end of the day, my impression is that this car will sell on brand image. However, I am not sure how the car will stack up against competition in the coming years.

At this stage, I am willing to wait a year for the Model Y to arrive in Australia.

Reactions: sdca
X3 always had fairly average reviews, and they tend to use hardier materials in the X vehicles, and basically they've just shoehorned some batteries into the petrol car.

But it's cheaper than the EQC and e-tron so I think it will do ok.

Yeah surprising to hear that the quality isn't good. I test drove a X3 30i and found the interior to be well screwed together, the chassis was really sporty, and the engine had great punch. Disappointing if they are skimping out on the electric version.
We have a current model X3 xDrive30i and love it. Owned two BMWs prior 2002 316ti and 2016 118i. Had one of the first ones that came out in 2018 (late 2017 model). For a young family it’s a great car and fun to drive for a little SUV. Really nothing bad to say about it and have had pretty good service from our local Brisbane dealer.

All that said, now the kids are approaching school age are waiting for the 7seat model Y and will trade in the X3.

Not a chance we will even look at the iX3.