Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW Lane Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not deployed yet, you funny software engineer. Like I've been saying, NOT DEPLOYED! This is from the YouTube description. If they had deployed it, there would be ARTICLES and/or PRESS RELEASE.

In the video we show a not quite final pre-series version (!) Of the new Driving Assistant Professional. The upgrade is to be played out in November 2020.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 2.18.44 PM.png

It's not deployed yet, you funny software engineer. Like I've been saying, NOT DEPLOYED! This is from the YouTube description. If they had deployed it, there would be ARTICLES and/or PRESS RELEASE.

In the video we show a not quite final pre-series version (!) Of the new Driving Assistant Professional. The upgrade is to be played out in November 2020.

View attachment 603923

so it’s been deployed in Germany already? Sweet

I must be missing something, all I see is a heavily edited tech demo with features likes lane change which our 2017 X has been doing for years.

Even more importantly for me, Tesla has just carried out the MCU2/AP3 upgrade in our 2017 car, so when FSD beta comes to the EU I'll be able to try it.

When BMW releases these features for their cars will a 2017 owner be able to ask their BMW dealer to retrofit the relevant hardware/software to allow them access to the same features as a 2020/2021 car??

Surely this video demonstrates how far ahead Tesla is in both tech and just as importantly supporting their customers longterm.

Actually amazing to see far ahead Tesla are when you consider BMW has always in the fast been consider to be a fowards thinking brand.

I must be missing something, all I see is a heavily edited tech demo with features likes lane change which our 2017 X has been doing for years.

Even more importantly for me, Tesla has just carried out the MCU2/AP3 upgrade in our 2017 car, so when FSD beta comes to the EU I'll be able to try it.

When BMW releases these features for their cars will a 2017 owner be able to ask their BMW dealer to retrofit the relevant hardware/software to allow them access to the same features as a 2020/2021 car??

Surely this video demonstrates how far ahead Tesla is in both tech and just as importantly supporting their customers longterm.

Actually amazing to see far ahead Tesla are when you consider BMW has always in the fast been consider to be a fowards thinking brand.

Who ever moved this post to a new thread put a wrong title.
The two new features are traffic light / stop sign recognition/response and urban cruise control.

So BMW posted this blog in 09/2020 about releasing their traffic light feature "soon"

It's now almost April 2021, no sign of release yet (someone please find me a release article, I've looked). Talk about worse than Elon time, lol:

So BMW posted this blog in 09/2020 about releasing their traffic light feature "soon"

It's now almost April 2021, no sign of release yet (someone please find me a release article, I've looked). Talk about worse than Elon time, lol:

It’s already released, just not in all markets.

• Disagree
Reactions: powertoold
It’s already released, just not in all markets.

It's not. Please show us the press release or any news article. We already know people can "hack" the software to enable it.

Again, you are posting deceptive information. Why do you keep doing this? See the video description:

"That is a preview how Traffic Light Assist (TLA) works with the latest software 11/2020.50 in BMW G05 on UK's streets."

It's not. Please show us the press release or any news article. We already know people can "hack" the software to enable it.

Again, you are posting deceptive information. Why do you keep doing this? See the video description:

"That is a preview how Traffic Light Assist (TLA) works with the latest software 11/2020.50 in BMW G05 on UK's streets."
It’s available in all BMWs with 11/2020.50 software, it’s enabled in all BMW in Germany. Anyone can go under the hood and enable it for their locale.

this is the typical Tesla fanboy logic rearing it’s head again. Your proof of Tesla having succeeded and achieved L5 better than humans is them claiming to have at least one test car that can do it. Gtfo

It’s available in all BMWs with 11/2020.50 software, it’s enabled in all BMW in Germany. Anyone can go under the hood and enable it for their locale.

this is the typical Tesla fanboy logic rearing it’s head again. Your proof of Tesla having succeeded and achieved L5 better than humans is them claiming to have at least one test car that can do it. Gtfo

Wow, you are so sad. It's not released yet. Back before Tesla released the traffic control feature, green was able to enable ("hack") it and posted a video of it working. This is not the definition of released.

Hopefully this line of thought will expose your ridiculous logic.

Wow, you are so sad. It's not released yet. Back before Tesla released the traffic control feature, green was able to enable ("hack") it and posted a video of it working. This is not the definition of released.

Hopefully this line of thought will expose your ridiculous logic.
Its already enabled for cars manufactured/produced/delivered from 11/2020 with Germany locale. This isn't the same situation.
Just like with other features like Traffic Red light warning and stop sign warning which BMW had in early 2019 way before Tesla. They only enable it in Germany and certain localities. Which part of that don't you understand?

Sure, show us the press release or an article.

BMW isn't tesla, they don't have fansites that write multiple articles about a single tweet. I'm looking at you Electrek, etc
If you want to know what's happening and what comes with a new BMW or any other cars, go buy the car or follow the community in forum.
Cause you won't see it in new sites. The traditional automotive news site focus on the car itself, engine, drive, etc. While EV sites focus solely on Tesla and their software and ignore everyone else's.

Ask yourself, With all the improvements that has happened to NIO's ADAS system with each software update. How many articles how electrek written about it?
ZERO, None, Zip.

Now how many has Fred written about Autopilot? Uncountable.
There is your answer.

Sure, show us the press release or an article.
As I said, follow BMW community.

All,

This is the state of TLA world-wide.

It has only been officially released in a handful of markets, for MY21, and even those where it has been released, it appears there are some restrictions.

If you follow my coding exactly and meet the pre-reqs, one of the following scenarios is possible:
  1. Function not available in this country - hard-stop. It will not work and is blocked. Not at a coding level, but at a software level. This indicates that the system would not work well or safely if enabled with that regions TL systems. Examples - Russia, AUSY, Singapore(?)
  2. Function is supported but does not work well, or works intermittently - examples are US, CA, China. Important markets that BMW will want to support but the system is not developed enough to deal with all scenarios
  3. Function is fully supported - EU countries including DE and UK. The system will read 'most' lights and either auto accepts or requires manual SET for acknowledgement. Stops accurately and safely at the light, even if changing from Green to Amber, and will prompt the user to restart on Green. This system works 90% of the time but will still fail at times and is not totally reliable.

While I am seeing improvements to the system with each i-step release, the land mask for UCC has not changed since 07/2020. This means BMW have not changed the regions that are supported for Urban Cruise Control (UCC) which underpins TLA. Probably because the system is not fully baked in the regions it is supported yet. They may also have moved dev onto the SP21 vehicles. Hopefully the development for the system is supported on both platforms, but we will see.

It seems that aSLA is a dependency for the system, and the 'Consider Traffic Lights' option is in the same idrive menu area. Regions that do not natively allow aSLA, like North America, do not meet that dependency without coding.

In summary, it's complicated.

nQJFyJ5.png