Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW sells an i8, makes news. Makes Cadillac ELR relevelant?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the i8 will be a success in large cities they ban emissions while driving in city centers.

Since you can choose when to use the i8's meager AER.

Looks like London will be a hotbed for i8s.

Silicon Valley? When BMW sells 2 or when Cadillac sells a single ELR that makes news.

There will always be people who make the wrong choice. :tongue:

It will take some doing to convince us here in Silicon Valley that Cadillac is a "progressive brand statement". One hardly ever sees them on the road. Meanwhile German and Japanese cars, and Tesla of course, are everywhere.
True. I used to cringe every time people used to say the Volt should have been brought out under the Cadillac brand. Walking into a Chevrolet dealership was bad enough. :)

Actually, though, I've personally seen 4 different ELRs on the road while commuting between San Francisco and Silicon Valley.

Since you can choose when to use the i8's meager AER.
Same for the ELR.
Hold mode: Hold mode allows owners to direct when the ELR uses its gas-powered electric generator, reserving the remaining battery charge for later use. This feature helps enhance efficiency because owners who mix city and highway driving can save the battery charge for city travel, where the ELR EV mode operates most efficiently.