Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boar's Head Inn--Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JST

May 23, 2013
Anyone know what the charging options are at the Boars Head Inn in Charlottesville?

Front Desk says they have a charger, but can't give me any details. Nothing on Plugshare or Chargepoint.

"We asked the Boar's Head if they had a 220 charger to charge our Tesla and they said yes. Well, it turned out it was a 110 outlet and didn't charge the car enough. They went to the trouble of getting an electrician and putting in a correct plug so that we could charge the car. I have to say the amount of effort they went to in order to accommodate us was extraordinary. The hotel is our favorite place to stay when visiting our son at UVA. It is the most beautiful and authentic historic inn in the area. The food is superb and the rooms are lovely. I highly recommend the Boar's Head."
--TripAdvisor, November 2015

Reactions: madodel
The way I'm reading it is they rigged a 240V outlet for them.

Also, UVa has EV chargers in their parking structures.

You may be right, but I've now called 4 different times and still can't get a confirmation. The last person I talked to seemingly had never heard the term "electric car charger" before.

ICE it is. Disappointing. It's not enough to install EVSEs--you've got to actually tell people you have one.

You may be right, but I've now called 4 different times and still can't get a confirmation. The last person I talked to seemingly had never heard the term "electric car charger" before.

ICE it is. Disappointing. It's not enough to install EVSEs--you've got to actually tell people you have one.

Well, if you're going to be in the area, why not stop by, find out for sure and post it on Plugshare so the next person doesn't have to go through the same frustration you're feeling now?

• Love
Reactions: jdo
If you're facing the entrance the 100 outlet is to the right in a smaller parking lot for their vehicles. It's mounted on a short brick wall. The NEMA 14-30 is to the left of it and it took me a few minutes of trying before I realized it wasn't a 14-50.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
Reactions: 182RG