TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Bob Lutz go to hell, Elon We Love You too !!!

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by X-Auto, Oct 27, 2016.

1. X-Auto

X-Auto Member

Hi guys !

Yesterday that old guy the retired VC of General Motors called the Tesla Community a "religious cult" and said Tesla as a business will not survive... I have taken an overview of his thoughts and some data to unveil this guy's shady intentions in my latest artcle here: Elon Musk vs Bob Lutz - Today And The Past - X Auto

and Elon, we love you too !!!

Thanks, let me know your thoughts here !

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  2. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I saw that in the news... the entire notion of advertising in car makes me angry. I'm sick enough of ads on the radio.

• Like x 1
  4. X-Auto

X-Auto Member

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Amen. We agree with you about EM

• Love x 1
  6. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

The way I thought about it after reading the article, is poor Bob just doesn't understand as he never put out any products that inspired such devotion LOL!

• Love x 1
  7. X-Auto

X-Auto Member

Lolzzz.... :D

8. James Anders

James Anders Member

I disagree with Lutz's assessment.

However, he has put out products that inspired devotion (BMW 3 series, Dodge Viper, Cadillac CTS and Chevy Volt) and he made solid contributions to the companies he worked for. He's an honored Marine pilot and a good man. He's just wrong when it comes to Tesla. No reason to bash him.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  9. voyager

voyager Member

Lutz reminds me of a Gary Larson cartoon (The Far Side), where you see a futuristic building with a big sign: "Tonite George Burns".

• Like x 1
  10. tezzla

tezzla Member

I don't think it's really Lutz's assessment, I'm 100% sure he's just plain lying to try to undermine Tesla's dominance.

• Like x 1
  11. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

Lutz has to do something to try to remain somewhat relevant. He obviously does not have a lot of vision with respect to how technology is fundamentally changing everything, not just the auto industry. Whatever he may have accomplished, his recent remarks are not useful in any way and, in my opinion, are certainly subject to criticism. Then again, I'm a cultist, so...

• Like x 1
  12. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

I'd be inclined to agree if he's just saying it the first time. It seems there's a new article or interview every quarter with him bashing Tesla. He should be using that time to promote VLF.

• Like x 2
  13. X-Auto

X-Auto Member

We need to bash him in Ludicrous Mode ! Lolzzzz :D

14. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

I think because he's a global warming denier (if I remember correctly) it's simply lost on him that Tesla isn't looked at as just a car company, but as a leader to a better future.

For what it's worth, I OWN one of the cars (at least the 2nd generation) that he had a part in bringing to market, and I know he's been involved in many other very good cars. Heck, his section in Road & Track is one of the first things I read now when the new issue comes! :D

However, unless you hold that belief that this is the biggest change in transportation since the horse and Tesla is leading the charge (hopefully not like the Light Brigade like Bob thinks, LOL!) then you won't get adherents enthusiasm for the product.

• Love x 1
  15. X-Auto

X-Auto Member

Very well said !

• Like x 1
  16. 22522

22522 Active Member

Is cult that far off? Maybe Elon knowing that Lutz coined "Ultimate Driving Machine" will obtain improved driving dynamics in the Model 3.

Taunting will only make the car better.

• Like x 1