Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boca Raton Town Center Tesla Charging problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the double posting..felt it would get bigger readership here.

This is now a bigger issue and really think as a group we need to have this fixed. As you may know this location has a Tesla store and has had 3 dedicated spaces with 2 high-power wall units and 1 NEMA outlet. Until they got 2 model x's they usually had at least one spare space for us owners. Now they have zero. I'm told SIMON blames it on the city of Boca.

However, I have a feeling for some reason SIMON doesn't want any dedicated charging. Yet they have at least 10+ spaces dedicated for Pronto car wash and I have never seen them fill more than 5 at anytime. This is absolutely nuts that this mall is not doing anything for us owners.

If it is the city of boca we should do something and if it is really the mall, we should do something. Am I missing something here?

I don't understand your issue. The car wash almost certainly leases the spaces from the shopping center and is irrelevant to this discussion. Owners coming to the shopping center shouldn't need to charge there as they would be local to the area. Charging at Tesla stores is to accommodate test drive cars. If someone from out of town has a charging emergency I'm sure the Tesla store would move one of their cars to accommodate the owner.

I guess everyone has different situations for why they would want to charge. Many malls do have ev stations setup but Town Center does not want to. No reason why charging is not setup at the mall, ESPECIALLY when a Tesla store is located in the mall. I would also dispute the notion of why it is needed, the fact why I always see visiting Teslas charging or attempting to charge in one of the 3 spots. A need does exist. If it doesn't for some great. Lastly, it is my understanding that the mall/city doesn't want to "lease", "rent" or give any space to Tesla. I believe that's a problem and not wether someone is local and has an urgent need to charge.

the mall is private property, take the town/ government out of this equation.
the units at the tesla store are not intended to provide owners with a charge, they are there for the store's use. if in dire need of a charge they more than likely will help you out but those chargers are not there for "casual" use while shopping. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Actually I know for a fact that the store has tried to get chargers installed and can't. I'm told the mall management points to city. Also, even if mall is pvt, one still has to get permission from city to get permits! So something is going on that people are not aware of here.