TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Body Color Rocker Panels...or Not

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Haxster, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Haxster

Haxster Member

As most of you know, the flat black rocker panels have changed to the body color on the new Model S.

While this change is a matter of preference, the good news is that if you don't like the new look on your new Model S, a rattle can of flat back paint and some masking tape & newspaper can take care of it. (I'm only half joking. I actually did this to my brand new Fiat 124 Spider when I was in college...and that car cost me a lot higher percentage off my net worth than most Model S buyers).

On the other hand, changing the black rocker panel on a current Model S to the body color is not a typical DIY project. So, if you want the new look on your current S, you'll probably need to find a good paint shop.

2. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

I've always painted my rockers a dark color to make the car look slimmer. But flat is not a good idea, satin is better. Rustoleum has some great metallic dark colors.

I actually removed my rocker covers, car washed, and painted. Beats the plastic look.

3. aus

aus Member

Anyone have the paint code for the standard white color?

4. BertL

BertL Active Member

I believe it's PBCW, aka "Catalina White", from a couple of touch-up paint sites I just checked.

...but if you're trying to match your own MS paint, to be sure, look on the lower left corner of the manufacturer label on your driver's door. Just before the VIN on the bottom line, it says "PNT: xxxx" where the x's are your paint code.

5. aus

aus Member

Thanks BertL!!

6. Cowby

Cowby Member

#6 Cowby, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  7. Cowby

Cowby Member

and this too....
    car2.jpg

8. Mother Frunker

Cowby- I love that. Is it a wrap?

9. Cowby

Cowby Member

Nope, me no Likey wraps (although that might change in the future). That's a factory color painted nosecone by tesla authorized body shop. Be prepared cause they'll bleed ya for it! Oh and that's T-sportline' carbon fiber apron...also a pretty penny paid, but oh so beautiful!!

10. tomanik

tomanik Member

11. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Don't forget that the rear diffuser is now gloss black.

IMG_4808.JPG