Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body line "Within Specs"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a MYP in early March. Tesla service corrected all my concerns except for one that they term "within specs" and I shouldn't mess with it. It is a cosmetic issue and hasn't effected anything so far. However, I notice it. I'm asking for some advice and opinions.
Body Misaligned.jpg

Had a few areas of concern on my car as well, but most were dismissed as "within spec" and Tesla will not touch it. I've seen many instances of these same areas being adjusted by Tesla tech on other people's cars but I guess these days they just don't want to spend the time anymore so they give a canned answer hoping you'll just walk away. I'll try a few different SCs before I give up though.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue but on my driver side door. Tesla called it good but being the OCD person I am, I couldn't stand looking at it. I took it upon myself to adjust it. You will need to loosen the bolts on the hinges (both top and bottom) and let it slide down a tad. I used a 2x4 the length of the door (ratcheted tie down straps to protect the bottom) and a floor jack to hold it up during the adjustment. It takes patience and multiple tries with small corrections. Took me about an hour total.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue but on my driver side door. Tesla called it good but being the OCD person I am, I couldn't stand looking at it. I took it upon myself to adjust it. You will need to loosen the bolts on the hinges (both top and bottom) and let it slide down a tad. I used a 2x4 the length of the door (ratcheted tie down straps to protect the bottom) and a floor jack to hold it up during the adjustment. It takes patience and multiple tries with small corrections. Took me about an hour total.
Does that void the warranty?

Upvote 0
That would bother me also, there is gap and there is alignment.
My passenger side rear door was terribly aligned with the front door and rear fender.
The service center would not touch it.
When the mobile tech was finished installing my homelink he asked if there was anything else?
I pointed out the door alignment and he said that he could try adjusting it.
The door is now aligned properly, it was probably 15 - 20 minutes of slowly adjusting.
It is easy to overshoot and required the latch to then be adjusted after the hinges.
Maybe set up a mobile visit for something minor and then inquire while the tech is on site.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0