Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body repair model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have some damage to a door—just sheet metal. I was told that the aluminum is very difficult to repair. I went to a Tesla authorized repair facility and was told the next appointment will be several months out and the “repair” will require replacement of the metal in the area. Any ideas about how to handle this? I live near Walnut Creek ca

i have some damage to a door—just sheet metal. I was told that the aluminum is very difficult to repair. I went to a Tesla authorized repair facility and was told the next appointment will be several months out and the “repair” will require replacement of the metal in the area. Any ideas about how to handle this? I live near Walnut Creek ca
You may have better luck just researching a non Tesla authorized repair center for the repair. I had some body work done on mine (at an authorized repair center) as a result of damages from delivery and although they fixed the damaged area they introduced new damage and it had to go back. So, I wasn’t impressed. Good luck.

I waited until now--7 months post damage--to have this minor repair done. It is being done by a Tesla authorized body shop and all the work has been approved by my insurer, Farmers. The initial cost estimate was about $5000. After the area was "opened up" the estimate jumped to $11,000 and this was ok'yd by Farmers--so all the work must be needed. If this was a non-Tesla, and if the sheet metal was not aluminum, I know the cost would not have exceeded $500 to a $1000 and could have been completed in a few days. My repair is now in its 4th week. I have been told that even though the damage is a "minor" dent in the rear quarter panel, "everything is connected to everything else" in the Tesla and many parts need to be removed and replaced. I do not know how Tesla can survive if its cars are so difficult and expensive to repair.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up and tvad
I have door damage too and non of the Tesla service center / body shop will work on it. Today Tesla told me they will not take the car in as a trade either because it’ll be underwater for them.

Since the accident I’ve already put over 1,000 miles on the car. It’s drivable since it’s just the skin and the support beam inside of it was chewed up.

It’s frustrating that it’s difficult to fix and even when parts come in it’ll take 2 months to fix.