Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body Shop Central Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Long time no post. My 6+ year old 85 has been doing great until today when I t-boned a deer on my way in to work. Nose cone , hood and quarter panel are dinged up quite a bit
09ADE3DE-D5E8-4E65-BDFA-B652A0B21692.jpeg
. Car handled it like a champ otherwise. I’m disappointed to learn that the service centers don’t do body work, especially as it means a I won’t get a loaner while the work is done.

There are a couple of Tesla recommended shops in Richmond. Has anyone had work done at these or other shops near Charlottesville?

My experience with Dorn's was absolutely horrendous. Granted, it was a couple of years ago, maybe, maybe they have improved, but I would never, never recommend them to anyone for anything. They promised a number of things about how my Roadster would be treated, such as what would be painted, that it would be kept charged, and every promise was broken. It took much longer than it should have (months), and they replaced parts that were not damaged. They lied to me outright about several things. When I finally got my Roadster back, they had messed up my headlight surround, (the damage was to the REAR but they painted all the way to the front, totally unnecessary), there were swirls all over, and there was overspray of clearcoat on every window!

BTW, when I gave a poor review on Yelp, they replied using my full name, very tacky. They promised a refund of my deductible if I took it down - another lie.

Best of luck finding a good shop with honest and competent personnel.

Last edited: