TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Body shop for eco-hitch install?

Discussion in 'New England' started by cinergi, Aug 26, 2014.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Anyone in the area had the eco-hitch installed (and happy with it) by a local body shop? It's more work than I'd like to do by myself but I don't want to trust a random shop with no experience to it ... looking for suggestions. Thanks!

2. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Ben - Watertown SC installed mine, did a nice job, and only charged me for an hour at $175. Are they not allowed to do them anymore?

3. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I didn't bother asking because I know they're booked out at least a month for non-emergency service items. They're listed as an authorized installer. Torklift PM'ed me and I'm working on securing another authorized shop. I'll post when I have more.
    Thanks Peter!

4. sbanks

sbanks Member

I pick up my MS Oct 3rd and have already bought the EcoHitch and Wipbars. I called Watertown yesterday asking if the would install the EcoHitch and they said no. The woman I spoke with stated they had previously but when headquarters found out they were told to stop.

I'll be installing mine myself.

5. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

From some of the posts I've seen about other SCs declining to install, I had a feeling HQ was telling them not to.