TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Body shop help!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fasteddie7, Oct 6, 2017.

1. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Hello all, I need some help! I got a whack on my bumper in a parking lot. Called my insurance and they have me a body shop to get an estimate and get it repaired. The closest Tesla certified shop is about an hour or so away. Service king I believe. What do I do? Do I go with who insurance suggests or do I tell them I gave to go with the service king. I'm in Uniontown Pennsylvania. Any thoughts from experience with body work? Must have a sensor out as park assist is disabled.

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

Go with the Tesla shop. It's unlikely that a non-Tesla approved shop will be able to get parts. it's hard enough for the approved shops to get parts!

3. DC Autocraft

DC Autocraft Local Vendor - SoCal

Insurance companies can recommend shops, but you have the right to choose what shop you want to do the work.

Non-Tesla Approved Body Shops are only restricted from getting structural and mechanical parts.

Don't worry, you'll be back to 100% soon!

4. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Turns out an approved shop is on my insurance list so it's ok! Sucks because I take such good care of it. Park assist is out even though it doesn't look like it came near a sensor. image-20171006_194445.jpg

5. bktiger86

bktiger86 Member

Ouch...did somebody hit you?

6. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

In a parking lot. :( so sad. Knocked parking assist out. Autopilot still works.

7. bktiger86

bktiger86 Member

Damn...hopefully it was not a hit and run. Keep us updated on how much and the time frame to fix something like this.

• Like x 1