TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Body shop recommendations for Seattle area?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Crusoe, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Crusoe

Crusoe Member

I have had 3 different people scrap my MS in parking garages and yesterday the worst one occurred and the lady left actually a note. No denting just scrapes to the aluminum.

Any recommendations on a paint shop?

2. Metropolitan Detail

metropolitandetail.com 425.233.6068 12700 Bel-Red
    Queen City Auto Rebuild 425.883.3300

They also service Porsche and Ferrari. Best quality!

• Informative x 1
  3. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

Reviving this thread to look for any recent experiences. I just (a little over an hour ago) got rear ended while stopped at a stop light. Low speed, but the compact truck that hit me damaged both the bumper and the hatch.

Money is no object -- the *&^%&# who hit me can worry about what it costs. I tried a few searches around the forums and didn't find much other than this thread and a few mentions of people who were not happy with the Tesla certified Bel Red. I didn't see anyone mention any experience with Pacific Auto Body. I'm more than just a little anal about caring for Kohola (our big blue whale of a Model S) and am still seething mad at the moment, so forgive me if I missed something obvious elsewhere.

• Like x 1
  4. boiler81

boiler81 Member

I've had great quality work from Bellevue Auto Rebuild. Had Mercedes E350 in there twice, and my Miata once. Each time, I've been unable to detect the repair or any paint match issues. They are a certified Mercedes body shop and all their work is warranted for life of car. Don't know if they work on Tesla's, but they work on all the high end German brands. Good Luck.

5. ferdboyce

ferdboyce Member

I've been to Pacific Auto Body twice now (one for each MS). They've been terrific on both occasions, albeit slow due to Tesla's failure to keep parts in stock in Seattle . . . although I guess that's understandable given what stocking spare parts for every eventuality and for 3 different models from a mfgr. that's only been doing it for 10 yrs or so. (try getting parts for a refrigerator sometime!). At any rate, both times it was virtually impossible to detect any evidence of damage. In fact, the appraiser who checked out my S85 for trade in on the 85D asked if it had been repaired, as the only way he could tell was the paint on the rear door was "a few microns thicker". He said "whoever did this did real good work".

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. ibdb

Still too early for a final report, but I've been satisfied with the communications I've been receiving from Pacific so far. The initial estimate was about $5K, but on disassembly additional damage was uncovered that pushed the total to about $19K. They warned me about potential delays getting parts from Tesla, and it seems like rear end parts are particularly subject to delays, so I'm not looking forward to an even longer wait. I'm at about 2.5 weeks and counting right now, and expect that it will be more than a month before we get our car back.

• Informative x 1
  7. ibdb

Wednesday will mark 6 weeks since drop off. I did contact Tesla Friday to take advantage of the offer made on the forum to assign a staff member to monitor the progress of the repair and parts related issues. No update from Tesla or Pacific on when work might be completed. I'd considered 6 weeks to be long end of the time I thought I'd be without our car -- the additional damage found seemed like it still could come in under the 6 weeks. Now I'm thinking that 8 weeks would be on the fast side, and don't even know what to think on the slow side.

To quote a certain federal office holder, "Sad!"

8. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Bummer! Hope it gets fixed soon!

9. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Is Queen City Auto Rebuild certified yet? I took my Model S to them before there were official "certified" shops. I've been happiest with their work on all my cars.

10. ibdb

Pacific, Bel-Red, and Accurate are the three in Washington right now. The next closest ones I get from Tesla's website are in Oregon.

I did get a phone call from Tesla this morning to let me know they were looking into it and said I should expect a follow up call later today. Fingers crossed...

11. Yarder

Yarder Member

Mine's currently in for repairs at Bellevue Auto Rebuild. Been a week so far. I went to all three Seattle approved body shops and got personal estimates. I checked with the BBB, but that's a pay for play organization. I then looked at the overall rating and read all the reviews on YELP. Good stuff there. Then, after getting the recommendations and passing on my reasoning to my insurance company I made my decision. I am waiting right now for the hood to arrive from Tesla. (Hit a deer and crunched up the driver front area.)

• Informative x 1