Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body shop recommendations for Seattle area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had 3 different people scrap my MS in parking garages and yesterday the worst one occurred and the lady left actually a note. No denting just scrapes to the aluminum.

Any recommendations on a paint shop?

Reviving this thread to look for any recent experiences. I just (a little over an hour ago) got rear ended while stopped at a stop light. Low speed, but the compact truck that hit me damaged both the bumper and the hatch.

Money is no object -- the *&^%&# who hit me can worry about what it costs. I tried a few searches around the forums and didn't find much other than this thread and a few mentions of people who were not happy with the Tesla certified Bel Red. I didn't see anyone mention any experience with Pacific Auto Body. I'm more than just a little anal about caring for Kohola (our big blue whale of a Model S) and am still seething mad at the moment, so forgive me if I missed something obvious elsewhere.

Reactions: taldric
I've had great quality work from Bellevue Auto Rebuild. Had Mercedes E350 in there twice, and my Miata once. Each time, I've been unable to detect the repair or any paint match issues. They are a certified Mercedes body shop and all their work is warranted for life of car. Don't know if they work on Tesla's, but they work on all the high end German brands. Good Luck.

I've been to Pacific Auto Body twice now (one for each MS). They've been terrific on both occasions, albeit slow due to Tesla's failure to keep parts in stock in Seattle . . . although I guess that's understandable given what stocking spare parts for every eventuality and for 3 different models from a mfgr. that's only been doing it for 10 yrs or so. (try getting parts for a refrigerator sometime!). At any rate, both times it was virtually impossible to detect any evidence of damage. In fact, the appraiser who checked out my S85 for trade in on the 85D asked if it had been repaired, as the only way he could tell was the paint on the rear door was "a few microns thicker". He said "whoever did this did real good work".

Still too early for a final report, but I've been satisfied with the communications I've been receiving from Pacific so far. The initial estimate was about $5K, but on disassembly additional damage was uncovered that pushed the total to about $19K. They warned me about potential delays getting parts from Tesla, and it seems like rear end parts are particularly subject to delays, so I'm not looking forward to an even longer wait. I'm at about 2.5 weeks and counting right now, and expect that it will be more than a month before we get our car back.

• Informative
Reactions: taldric
Wednesday will mark 6 weeks since drop off. I did contact Tesla Friday to take advantage of the offer made on the forum to assign a staff member to monitor the progress of the repair and parts related issues. No update from Tesla or Pacific on when work might be completed. I'd considered 6 weeks to be long end of the time I thought I'd be without our car -- the additional damage found seemed like it still could come in under the 6 weeks. Now I'm thinking that 8 weeks would be on the fast side, and don't even know what to think on the slow side.

To quote a certain federal office holder, "Sad!"

Is Queen City Auto Rebuild certified yet? I took my Model S to them before there were official "certified" shops. I've been happiest with their work on all my cars.
Pacific, Bel-Red, and Accurate are the three in Washington right now. The next closest ones I get from Tesla's website are in Oregon.

I did get a phone call from Tesla this morning to let me know they were looking into it and said I should expect a follow up call later today. Fingers crossed...

Mine's currently in for repairs at Bellevue Auto Rebuild. Been a week so far. I went to all three Seattle approved body shops and got personal estimates. I checked with the BBB, but that's a pay for play organization. I then looked at the overall rating and read all the reviews on YELP. Good stuff there. Then, after getting the recommendations and passing on my reasoning to my insurance company I made my decision. I am waiting right now for the hood to arrive from Tesla. (Hit a deer and crunched up the driver front area.)

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Odd. Several months ago they'd started offering body shop services for minor repairs -- scratches, chips, etc. They couldn't handle anything that required panel replacement. Maybe they're just over booked right now? Or did they change their plans for offering body shop services directly?

I had a good experience with Service King in Auburn for a larger repair on my S. Might be worth checking if that's an option near you. They're a relatively recent addition to the Tesla certified shop list.

Odd. Several months ago they'd started offering body shop services for minor repairs -- scratches, chips, etc. They couldn't handle anything that required panel replacement. Maybe they're just over booked right now? Or did they change their plans for offering body shop services directly?

I had a good experience with Service King in Auburn for a larger repair on my S. Might be worth checking if that's an option near you. They're a relatively recent addition to the Tesla certified shop list.

Good to know if I ever need it. I live 5 minutes from service king!

If looking for a body shop to install an Unplugged Front Fascia - any recommendations?
I assume for this job, still good to stay with Tesla, since it has to involve transferring sensors, wiring, etc.
Thanks in advance!

Contact Accurate Auto in Redmond, they are Tesla certified. I had my 2014 there last year for front end damage and since I had to replace the support bar I considered updating. Randy talked me through the parts and cost. I decided to stay with the nose cone

Be very careful with Accurate, especially surrounding billing. We recently had a huge dispute with them over massive delays over a simple tear down for inspection of damage an a outlandish billing attempt (>$10K). Elevated up to regional management for insurance, and the Tesla body shop network PacNW manager was involved as well as at least one attorney. Not a good experience and I know from attorney and I talking to insurance guys and other online discussion I am not the only person who has had trouble with them. YMMV for elective work obviously.

Last edited: