TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Body shop recommendations in StLouis

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by greencharge, Sep 28, 2013.

1. greencharge

greencharge Member

There was a reversing incident, not too bad, no denting but scratches to the rear fender. needs body shop work, recommendations in StLouis or around please. Thanks

2. scott2613

scott2613 Member

For cosmetic damage, look for a body shop that has the equipment and training to do aluminum repair. The tools and abrasives used for aluminum must not be used on steel and vice-versa. Besides the risk of paint failure due to contamination there is the problem of aluminum dust and iron oxide getting together. (It's explosive). Body shops certified in aluminum repair by Tesla, Audi, Porsche and others are required to have a completely separate aluminum repair area either walled or curtained off from the other repair areas.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Call the service center and ask them who they use as a good first point of reference.

4. Liz G

Liz G P03056

When I got a dent in the hood, the service center sent me to Plaza over by West Port.

5. greencharge

greencharge Member

Thanks for the suggestions, spoke to the Plaza guys and would be taking the car next month. Will post how it goes. Mean while Gatlinburg in 2 weeks