Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body shop repair >2 months no end it sight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As always, the apologist come out and defend and excuse blatant incompetence.

Priority? Shouldn't the customer who dropped 100k and is making payments have a little bit of priority?
Response are always contact so and so, or email Joe Blow and he will take care of it... Why should it come to that over and over?
I get that body shops suck.. had enough experience with them and Ill never side with them since most lie and BS. However, the parts supply issue is something Tesla has acknowledged as being true. After 5 years of making the essentially the same dam car should there still be a parts issue?

I'm not sure what the cost of the vehicle has to do with anything. I'm also searching this thread and have come up empty for the apologists creeping out of their hidey holes...

Glad to see people pointing OP in a direction that should help get his issues resolved.

I have a buddy that sent his car for servicing and then it came out damaged. It wasn't even considered big damages, but the service center said they will take care of it and send it to the body shop. It took them about 1 whole month to get it back to him. Keep in mind this was a mistake done by Tesla themselves and it still took them a month to fix. Quite scary scenario to think if it was a bigger accident.

I damaged my rear driver's side door backing out of my driveway. Didn't realize my son hadn't closed it and it hit my house--DOH!

My car has now been in a Tesla-certified Mercedes collision center for 78 DAYS. Supposedly, they are now down to some final negotiations with my insurance company (Liberty Mutual) on some supplements due to labor due to incorrect parts being sent from Tesla. My Tesla ranger had to intervene to finally get parts sent. Fortunately, I have a backup car--an 11 year-old Toyota minivan we inherited. Every day that I drive the old van, I am reminded of Tesla's shortcomings in the body shop area.

A close friend asked me if she should also get a Model S. She has a long commute, so I had to advise her against it, unless she was able to keep a back-up car as well. A 3-month delay would have cost her thousands in additional car rentals. I am a huge Tesla fan and supporter, but I had to tell her about this particular dark side of Tesla ownership (and lose my referral credit).

I also would not recommend Liberty Mutual, as they are the only insurance company in this market that refuses to pay "aluminum body rates" for Tesla repairs. They only want to pay $55 an hour, versus the $150 that the certified collision center charges. I might get stuck paying the difference...

If Tesla wants to be more than a niche manufacturer (which they obviously do) they will need to address the body shop issues ASAP.

Sosius

Progressive won’t pay the more expensive rates, either. But they’ll happily write you a policy and take your premium. I’d they don’t want to pay the rates for aluminum repair they shouldn’t cover aluminum cars.