Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body shop said paints shouldn’t match??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, still happens with the latest cars as we took delivery on 10-21-22 of our MYLR, made in Fremont. I noticed the color mis-match following my wife home in our other car. Kind of sad considering we went for the red for the extra $2k. But I can live with it as we love the new machine.
there's always gonna be some slight mismatch because the paint is on 2 types of textures. but from your pic, it shouldnt be that noticeable.

s0hoqnq-jpg.490624

50a7etw3khh11.jpg

attachment.php

1233205d1501717359-bumper-colour-mismatch-any-paint-shop-recommendations-for-kw-img_20170802_190305.jpg

viridian-joule-mismatch2-jpg.164969

attachment.php

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and OxBrew
White is the worst for paint matching. I had work done on my MSM at a great certified Tesla shop. He told me my MSM probably won’t need blending. He said depends on color. It came out perfect. It was the front bumper cover on my X.
Pearls add to the problem too. Even a slight variation in size, shape, density and distribution of the pearls will give a noticeable color difference.

Yes, still happens with the latest cars as we took delivery on 10-21-22 of our MYLR, made in Fremont. I noticed the color mis-match following my wife home in our other car. Kind of sad considering we went for the red for the extra $2k. But I can live with it as we love the new machine.
I'd complain about that. My red Model Y matches perfectly. Yours is the first non-white Tesla I've seen that has mismatched bumpers.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight
Hey everyone,
I recently took my white Y to a “Tesla approved” body shop who had to replace my front bumper (someone hit it while I was parked). After they finished the job they told me the front bumper paint doesn’t match the fender paint BUT this is normal because the bumper is plastic and the fender is metal. This the paint sits differently. This is very hard for me to believe. I was wondering if anyone could approve/deny these claims. Also if someone else has a Y and can send a picture of there fender to bumper transition. I have pictures of day time and nighttime. Even during the night I can see a difference. My car is just over a year old now as well.

I really appreciate the help!

they should match 💯

This is outrageously obvious that I would’ve rejected delivery. It’s not even subtle and even a kid with one eye can tell.
I have a red MYP as well and mine’s flawless.

Hopefully you told Tesla about it on your delivery day so they can fix it free of charge.