TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Body Shops in the ATL

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Vitaman, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Has anyone had experience with either the shop in Jonesboro....Europen Collision Repair or Marietta.....Magnum Collision? (the 2 certified in this area)
    Had a fender bender on a 1 week old car today and want it fixed quickly and well.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

I guess it's a tribute to the lack of accidents by Tesla drivers in the ATL that nobody knew an answer.
    If anyone finds themself in the same boat, feel free to message me to learn what I discovered.

3. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Didn't notice your post, but Magnum Collision comes very highly recommended from the Atlanta Facebook group. They did good work on my X, except for the fact that they damaged the chrome moulding on the falcon doors and I had to wait several extra days for the parts to arrive. To be fair though my X was one of the first ones they worked on. They were repainting the falcon door due to a rock chip that happened prior to delivery.

4. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast

European Collision Repair for your Tesla. I've done business with them. Their attention to the customer's needs is pretty stinking awesome and they provide a high caliber repair.

5. dalamchops

dalamchops Member

ECR and Magnum both are recommended, based on what i've heard you'll have less of a wait time going with ECR.

6. DrumCoder

DrumCoder Member

My experience with Magnum was top notch. I went with them instead of ECR simply because I live way closer to Magnum, I'm sure I would have had great work done by ECR had I chosen them.

7. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Thanks for the replies!
    Someone at the Tesla service in Decatur had a good experience with ECR so I had it towed there.
    Turns out a guy who had serviced my Tesla (and worked for Tesla in California and Georgia for 3-4 years) is now working at ECR. That gave me a shot confidence for sure as he seems to be very detail oriented.

8. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Hit a deer while I was driving 55mph on hwy 129 a couple of miles south of Cleveland GA early Saturday morning. The deer flew like a reindeer so far up and away it just disappeared in the distance. Strangest thing I have ever seen. In any case did some moderate hood grill area damage but I was able to drive home as the hood ans latch are totally mangled together. I saw you thread and was glad to see ECR listed as that is where I will be taking EVie next week. Sure hoping they aren't too backed up right now....

9. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Backed up are probably not the operating words here.
    Once they ascertain the damage they order parts. Tesla does not allow Body shops to stock parts (other than wheels).
    The big lag occurs after the ordering. I have heard anywhere from 7 days to 25 days for parts to arrive. Then of course they have to utilize those parts to make the repairs. Having your Tesla hit by a Dodge or a Deer (Thank the Lord it wasn't a Deere!) is not for the impatient. Going on 8 days without my Model S. Thought I would miss it, but I miss it more than I thought.

• Like x 1
  10. DrumCoder

DrumCoder Member

Yeah, with Magnum, there was a several week waiting period while they waited for the initial parts - luckily, my car was still fully driveable - and then when they got it in and took off the bumper, they realized they needed other parts. There was a little bit of fighting with the insurance company but they were able to get those parts in. I was only without my car for a week.

I almost considered not fixing it - the damage wasn't that noticeable, and I don't care about the resale value as much as some other people. (Although I did it anyway and now have a Carfax, which kills resale, so it was a no win situation.)