TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Body Work Parts Delay

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JChapmania, Mar 29, 2019.

1. JChapmania

JChapmania Member

I was in a car accident in my Model S four months and three days ago. She sustained front end damage and the airbags went off. She's been in a Tesla Certified body shop in Costa Mesa, CA for the entire time, and still not all of the parts have been sent from Tesla to the body shop. I'm involved with Tesla Customer Service and they're on the case, but they still haven't delivered all of the parts to the body shop.

Now I'm paying out of pocket for a rental car because my other, more economical subsitiute car options have termed out - it's been so long. I feel like there's no end in sight, and as a big Tesla fan, I'm so disheartened by how poorly they manufacture and deliver spare parts. Really really disappointed with Tesla over this. Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

I was, 3 years ago. One would think they'd get their act together by now, but unfortunately not.

3. JChapmania

JChapmania Member

Wow. So how long total till you got your car back?

4. Barry

Barry Active Member

3 months, which doesn't include the 2 months I was still driving it before I was told the parts arrived. Problem was they found a few other parts they needed after partial disassembly.

5. JChapmania

JChapmania Member

Yeah, I'm so surprised by how disorganized and scant the parts supply is.