Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bodyshop recommendation SF East Bay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an unfortunate altercation with a loading dock. Reversed slowly while parking but I and the rear sensors missed an overhang and now my trunk is crumpled. I’d appreciate any recommendations for bodyshops in the East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley etc).

Many thanks.

On my second Model 3 I had a weird defect in the metal. We let the Berkeley service center take care of it. They ended up taking it to the BMW collision center, it came out flawless. I recently received an email that Berekely SC is now a collision centerr I would consider taking it there.

I had an unfortunate altercation with a loading dock. Reversed slowly while parking but I and the rear sensors missed an overhang and now my trunk is crumpled. I’d appreciate any recommendations for bodyshops in the East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley etc).

Many thanks.
Having just been through this, do yourself a favor and ask Tesla where to send it. Their affiliated body shops have direct ordering access with Tesla whereas others have a more difficult time ordering parts.

It might be less of a pain in the long run to see who your insurance has an agreement with. Then narrow the list to Tesla approved body shops (or do it the other way around).

In my two experiences the repairs will all be guaranteed for life so whatever will be less of a headache for you is key. Sorry about your accident!