Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bodyshop recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rearquarter.jpg
Unfortunately I had the misfortune of meeting a driver in a Chelsea Tractor in a narrow street tonight.

After moving over as much as I could, I pulled in the mirrors to avoid scratching them. That meant that I could not longer judge the gap at the reat of the car and we continued to edge past each other...

The inevitable happened and I now have some minor damage to the rear offside wheel arch. Since the other car was undamaged; its arches are protected with plastic covers, it's down to me to get my car repaired and to cover the cost.

Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in or near West London that can repair a scuff and minor (1-2mm) dent in the flare of my rear wheel arch. (see attached photo)

Thanks

Gold Motors in Croydon were awesome when I had my Skyline repaired however just looked online and have seen some bad reviews from recent months which is a shame as Stuart, I found, to be a sound guy and total motor head.

Thanks for the replies.

The work was carried out by Chelsea Coachworks near Battersea Heliport. I emailed some photos of the damage, they asked for one more of the whole rear of the car, and I got an email quote back for £350 + VAT.

I had another quote from a garage I've used in the past but it was higher and more vague as to the final price, so I opted to go with the cheaper quote. My brother had some work done by them last year and he was happy with their work, so I wasn't taking a massive gamble.

Like some other Tesla owners, I was worried that the bodyshop didn't have much experience of aluminium repairs but they responded by saying that many of the cars they work on have aluminium including JLR cars, and they do lots of repairs for high end main dealers in the area. In fact the place was cluttered with newish Range Rovers and a Rolls Royce.

I took the car in on Monday morning and it was ready for collection on Wednesday afternoon. I very pleased with the results. The paint match is excellent, and you cannot see that a repair has been carried out (as expected). My car is ceramic coated but they don't use the type of ceramic that was previously applied and theirs are much higher gloss than mine. So they suggested returning to the original detailer to have the same compound re-applied to the whole rear quarter.

If you are looking for a repair, I would suggest contacting them if they are close enough to you as I found the whole process simple and the quality of the work very good. BTW,I haven't been paid for this feedback nor did I receive any discount for posting this.

before.jpg

after.jpg

Sorry about the qualities of the photos but my camera skills are poor!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
In London quote I got from approved bodyshop for for a few paint chips, a rear bumper repair and undertray+difuser replacement were mad. It came at £4k+

Decided to buy parts directly from tesla (they were fast and very helpful) ,and got the repair from local bodyshop. Total £1k including parts.

Very happy

In London quote I got from approved bodyshop for for a few paint chips, a rear bumper repair and undertray+difuser replacement were mad. It came at £4k+

Do you know if the undertray/diffuser was of different construction to the original?

Apparently, the construction of some underside parts changes as a result of issues with the original in some wet conditions and it is not clear when these changes filtered through wrt UK vehicle deliveries.