Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bodyshop Recommendations - Derbyshire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Blokie

2021 M3LR
Nov 7, 2020
UK
Hi All,

I damaged my front bumper on Saturday after an argument with the pointy corner of some steps, and it's cracked so will need replacing.

I spoke to Tesla Leeds and they confirmed bumpers are in stock in UK distribution (£250+VAT, come unpainted), but the SC don't actually provide any painting facilities, so having to look elsewhere.

I'm based close to Alfreton in Derbyshire, so J28 of the M1. Does anybody have any recommendations for a bodyshop to use within the area? I'd be happy to travel to Nottingham, Derby, Chesterfield, Mansfield sort of radius to use a reputable place for the repairs.

Looking on Tesla's website for Tesla-Approved Body Shop Network comes up with AW Accident Repair Centre in Nottingham (also have a site at Derby called Derby Fast Finish that would be more convenient for me).

Thanks,

Mark

Chartwells just phoned me and said that they can't work on Tesla's and you have to go through the Approved network as anybody outside of that would not be able to reset/recalibrate the sensors in the bumper once it is taken off and repaired/replaced.

Just to conclude my story...

Had my damage repaired this morning by Philip at PPA Smart Repairs (Bumper scuff and smart repairs Nottingham).

I've attached before and after pictures - he's done an amazing job and very reasonably priced (and friendly). If you need any work doung in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Leicestershire area then give him a shout (and tell him Mark sent you!).

!Before.jpg!After.jpg