Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boiled Brake Fluid - Seeking Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, with SRF in the car I boiled the fluid on stock pads within a lap - soft pedal into T1 at NCM Motorsports Park on Lap 2 of the 3rd session, and I was only running 2 laps per session before that. I don't blame the fluid - these cars can put a ton of heat into the system quickly.

I'd put $100 on your soft pedal being due to glazed stock pads rather than boiled SRF. Your experience is exactly what happened to me my first time out. Fluid was fine, stock pads were toast.

IMG_20190519_092746.jpg

IMG_20190519_093347.jpg

I'd put $100 on your soft pedal being due to glazed stock pads rather than boiled SRF. Your experience is exactly what happened to me my first time out. Fluid was fine, stock pads were toast.

View attachment 464108

View attachment 464106

Those pads definitely look pretty rough. However, when I pulled mine they looked good, still lots of material and no glazing, so I still think it was a fluid issue. I've had soft pedal in other cars with SRF as well - put enough heat into the system and it doesn't matter what is in there.