Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boise to Bend on U.S. hwy 20 now has CCS and CHAdeMO in Burns, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
Tesla drivers have been struggling with this route for years, as well as the other one of U.S. highway 95 between Boise and Winnemucca. A couple of months ago, Greenlots finally put two locations of DC fast charging on highway 95.

We had found a building permit for some kind of charging station in Burns, OR for U.S. 20, but it took a while to get the information of what it was. The picture and announcement was found on the Harney County Economic Development Facebook page. It is a single Chargepoint station with the CCS and CHAdeMO cables, so if you have the CHAdeMO adapter, you're good to go!

It is already listed as complete and active on Chargepoint's map. I know they are not Superchargers, but this has been years of waiting, so it's big news anyway. Here's a link to the comment about it from an Oregon Supercharger thread:

New Oregon Superchargers (2018)

Tesla drivers have been struggling with this route for years, as well as the other one of U.S. highway 95 between Boise and Winnemucca. A couple of months ago, Greenlots finally put two locations of DC fast charging on highway 95.

We had found a building permit for some kind of charging station in Burns, OR for U.S. 20, but it took a while to get the information of what it was. The picture and announcement was found on the Harney County Economic Development Facebook page. It is a single Chargepoint station with the CCS and CHAdeMO cables, so if you have the CHAdeMO adapter, you're good to go!

It is already listed as complete and active on Chargepoint's map. I know they are not Superchargers, but this has been years of waiting, so it's big news anyway. Here's a link to the comment about it from an Oregon Supercharger thread:

New Oregon Superchargers (2018)

Huge news. Thanks for the updates Rocky

are the Tesla Chademo adapters buggy?
The main issue with CHADEMO and Superchargers is that you don't find out they don't work until you are over a hundred miles from home. There is no built in check within the car to warn you that they have stopped working. We normally charge at home. On one trip the supercharger was not working but CHADEMO was. On our most recent trip the supercharger was working but the CHADEMO was not (tried 3 locations). Tesla is still diagnosing. Our S is a 2015.

Anybody in Boise have a chademo adapter for a M3 I can borrow this week? Will give cash deposit for cost of replacing.
Sure, I do. You can message me here if you want to get in touch. I'm curious where you're going in this area, though, that would need the CHAdeMO. Burns, OR has a Tesla Supercharger now, so using the CHAdeMO in Burns is unnecessary. (It's listed as Hines, OR, which is adjoined to Burns.) Interesting coincidence is that I am leaving Friday to go from Boise to Bend and will be using that Burns Supercharger, and then up to The Dalles, and then back along I-84 to Boise. It's all Supercharger covered now, so there's no need for the CHAdeMO adapter there anymore. The only route left that needs it is Boise to Winnemucca.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX