TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

bold new paint ideas

Discussion in 'Future Cars' started by Gynob001, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Gynob001

Gynob001 Member

Chemical and nano sciences have advanced far. Near IR fluorescence chemicals and quantum dot chemicals could change car colors at random depending on the light and other things. I am hopeful the paint industry would take note of these items. I would like my car to be a chameleon that would change colors. Wouldn't it be exiting if the paint cloaks the car! The same goes for seat and other colorings.
    How about Infrared headlamps for the night? You can spot a deer way before you could see it in a regular headlight. Or a telescoping headlight!
    One of the problems in cars is the blind spot. With new transparent but rigid materials, car "pillars" could be made of transparent materials affording 360 degree vision.
    The concept of steering wheel needs to be replaced with electronic joystick/guidance system. This will prevent many injuries.

2. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

You ever try playing Gran Turismo with a joystick?

3. Gynob001

Gynob001 Member

well, Airbus and some spaceships are steered by Joy stick. Most robotic surgeries are done using Joystick controls.

4. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

And I am sure that insurance companies will just love chameleon paint that makes the car invisible !! :eek: