Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Bollinger Motors to Unveil All-Electric Sport Utility Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After months of teasing abstract pictures of the project in progress, Bollinger Motors will unveil today its all-electric sport utility truck at an event in New York. The company will stream the event at 7 p.m. ET on its Facebook page.

The electric drive system is built from off-the shelf components, but is powered by a Bollinger-designed lithium-ion battery pack. The vehicle is said to have easily replaceable riveted body panels, enabling owners to rapidly transform from truck to SUV.

The company’s website promises best-in-class torque, horsepower, ground clearance, and power weight ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found their email in my spam folder dated about a month ago. Interesting quote about the battery:
The new pack also has new battery cells, which have the highest density in the industry. They have been fully vetted and have billions of miles of testing behind them. The pack will have active cooling and heating, to ensure optimal stability of the cells and achieve the highest and safest output.

Anyone knows what manufacturer has the highest density cells that were tested for billions of miles? Hmm... I guess I might know one.

The Bollinger B2 Pickup Truck!
B2PickupTruck.jpg

I wrote a respectable email to the company well over a week ago. As a person who spends a lot of time in rough 4wd areas from the Sahara to the Arctic to the USA desert areas and more, I have some experience. I had suggested to the Bollinger folks that Chadmo is nearly non-existent in areas this truck would be handy. Noting that the greater Death Valley, Anza Borrego, Navajo/Hopi/4 Corners area, Moab, Colorado Rockies, and more are very well served by Telsa Superchargers, I asked if they had ever considered joining Tesla infrastructure. I feel it is a reasonable question to ask. Especially a vehicle such as this NEEDS nearby charging. Did I get a response? Nope, nothing, NADA. Too bad, I'm a prime customer.
Bollinger have now asked Tesla. It was on their twitter feed a while back. Sadly there has been a lack of response on Tesla's side.
Bollinger Motors on Twitter

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Brando
The 2 Door is the coolest.

But 4 Door will be 90%+ of sales.

So smart to do the 4 Door first. You still get the utility of the pickup box, even removing the top over the box.

BTW I don't think CGIing concepts delays JOB1 either.
Well, each new design need to have prototypes built and tested and modified. They've gone through this twice. At least the pickup looks like it will require minimal changes from the 4 door.
This thing is getting pushed out so far that my old Land Rover will probably die before I can buy one. In that case, I'm considering pulling out the engine and transmission, fuel tank, exhaust, radiator, etc. and plugging in a salvage Tesla motor and batteries. The frame and body are in good shape.

Reactions: Lasairfion