Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Bollinger Prices All-Electric Truck at $125K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bollinger recently debuted the the all-electric B1 SUV and B2 pickup, and today they announced that both models will start at $125,000.

The Bollinger truck has been teased by the company for a couple years. And, while many agreed that the truck is an exciting entrant into the EV marketplace, the big question was cost. Now that we know the cost, the big question is “Who’s going to buy it?”

Bollinger is not aiming for family vehicle crowd or the city SUV cruiser. The trucks have been engineered to be tough. They’re utilitarian and lack some of the safety features found on more modern vehicles. But, the intent is to build a reliable, capable, all-electric truck.

So, for $125,000 consumers get a 125-kWh battery pack powering front and rear AC motors, pushing 614 hp and 668 lb-ft of torque. Bollinger says the trucks will go from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. For off-roading, the trucks have 15 inches of ground clearance and 10 inches of wheel travel. 

Bollinger is now taking reservations with $1,000 refundable deposits.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pricing makes this a non-starter for most in the market for a truck, but the same could have been said of the Model S (especially the P model) when it was first introduced. It looks like a utilitarian truck, something that appeals quite a bit to me, but I won't pay a premium for utilitarian styling unless it's paired with all sorts of improvements over an ICE pickup. A 200 mile range sure isn't going to help, especially when the likely use of the truck is going to be outside of any fast charging corridors.

Should sell to the Mercedes G-class SUV buyer that owns a ranch and wants an EV.

Also, I think a contractor could use this. You can carry a beam or other long load in the interior and bed (of pickup) from the front bumper to the rear bumper.

Last edited:
I have to say that thing is UGLY. And does it even have airbags or other safety features? And it can only tow 5000/lbs and go 200 miles.... who is their target???? I feel like I would be the right market for them and they just lost me. I have a Ram 3500 with the diesel engine just because I tow a 9000-pound boat and also a trailer for off-road vehicles. I don't see how this could replace it.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Impressed that it has evolved so much while staying true to the original concept.
il_570xN.1703770797_b8a9.jpg

I have to say that thing is UGLY. And does it even have airbags or other safety features? And it can only tow 5000/lbs and go 200 miles.... who is their target???? I feel like I would be the right market for them and they just lost me. I have a Ram 3500 with the diesel engine just because I tow a 9000-pound boat and also a trailer for off-road vehicles. I don't see how this could replace it.

No, it can take a payload of 5,000. Meaning it can carry an additional 5,000 on the vehicle itself. To not have airbags it had to have a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,001 lbs. It weighs about 5,000, so you get the extra as payload.

I've been following Bollinger on Instagram since they had a little over 700 followers. Originally they were estimating about 60K and which seemed reasonable

About a month ago they unveiled the final product which let me down with missed opportunities, and bad detailing.. I feel that somewhere along the line they lost their way which is a shame. but this will be interesting to see how it pans out for them.

I'd hate to be the guinnea pig on a 1st version paying this much money

Reactions: Evoforce and KJD
The Bollinger will sell to a segment of people that wouldn't otherwise be covered by a BEV. For them it will make BEVs cool. It will also reduce the amount of oil that leaks into the water system from traditional SUVs. The only downside to it--assuming it's used for the intended purpose--is that the battery is about half the size it should be. Off roading has high energy usage.

The pricing is really disappointing and the fact that the range is less than it should be makes this one a no go for me. I am sure that they will sell a few of them, but I doubt they will sell enough to make the company viable and that is a shame. :(

Reactions: Evoforce